ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Marriage Visa - Multiple entries?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suzetkd
Newly Registered
New Zealand

UK Marriage Visa - Multiple entries?

Post by suzetkd » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 am

Hi,

I am a New Zealand citizen and my fiancee is a UK citizen. We both live in New Zealand but want to get married in the UK. My question is, can I travel to the UK on a marriage visa to give notice in Jan 2020, travel back to NZ, then come back to the UK on the same visa in June 2020 (within 6 months of original date of entry). Does this visa allow multiple entries?

Regards,

Susanne

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Marriage Visa - Multiple entries?

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:35 am

I think yes
You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:

you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.