ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) processing time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

noname007
Newly Registered
South Africa

FLR (M) processing time

Post by noname007 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi there,

I applied yesterday (using standard service) for my FLR (M) extension and have my BRP scheduled in a few days but i am really concerned about the processing time as my visa expires on 22nd December.

When the guideline states 8 week processing time, do it actually take long? i am really hoping that 8 weeks is like the maximum case but in reality it takes 3/4 weeks. I would like to get the outcome before my visa expires so contemplating withdrawing my application and making a priority application.

Please advise.

Thanks

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Re: FLR (M) processing time

Post by KristianDLloyd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:20 am

noname007 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 pm
Hi there,

I applied yesterday (using standard service) for my FLR (M) extension and have my BRP scheduled in a few days but i am really concerned about the processing time as my visa expires on 22nd December.

When the guideline states 8 week processing time, do it actually take long? i am really hoping that 8 weeks is like the maximum case but in reality it takes 3/4 weeks. I would like to get the outcome before my visa expires so contemplating withdrawing my application and making a priority application.

Please advise.

Thanks
8 weeks is the average given by UKVI but it could be more or less, depending on your individual circumstances. Though a colleague received theirs in 6 weeks exactly and another friend 7 weeks after submission.

There is a dedicated thread that members use to share timelines, here: immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... 20603.html

Do post your own timeline as it may help others.

Note this is for timelines only and shouldn’t be used to ask questions.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019
Decision: Granted

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:36 am

noname007 wrote:
Hi there,

Please advise.

Thanks
Why the worry/reason for the worry when you have already applied for the extension before the expiration of your current visa?

noname007
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by noname007 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 am

The worry being that I (1) I might need to travel over Xmas and (2) I don’t want my employers to chase me and have to verify that I am in the application proceas. Hence just want to ensure I receive it before 22 December (6 weeks away)

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:51 am

noname007 wrote:
I would like to get the outcome before my visa expires so contemplating withdrawing my application and making a priority application.
In addition to what has already been posted by others (the timeline thread is probably the best bet for estimating current processing times), keep in mind there are no refunds for applications made within the UK that are withdrawn.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:13 am

noname007 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 am
The worry being that I (1) I might need to travel over Xmas and (2) I don’t want my employers to chase me and have to verify that I am in the application proceas. Hence just want to ensure I receive it before 22 December (6 weeks away)
There is no guarantee you will receive your approval and BRP card (delivered by DX Couriers). BRPs are also sent out within 7-10 working days, sometimes longer, from date of approval. You also cannot travel out of the UK while you have an application pending as it will be considered withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TanJL

Post by TanJL » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Our visa was approved exactly 5 weeks after our biometrics appointment. BRP delivery was attempted 2 days later but as we don't work from home we had to have it redelivered to a work address which ended up taking 5 days due to a weekend. So received BRP 1 week after approval & 6 weeks after biometrics appointment.

There are no guarantees with anything but we chose not to plan any travel until we'd received the BRP.

We talked to my husbands company before applying & explained the situation that the BRP may expire whilst waiting for the new application to be approved & explained section 3c leave and they were understanding. We mentioned we could pay to apply with next day service but they said not to bother wasting our money. (My husbands BRP did actually expire a week after we had our biometrics appointment)

It would be a massive waste of money to cancel your application and lose all that money at this stage. Would have ended up cheaper to just apply with priority initially!

noname007
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by noname007 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:01 pm

TanJL wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm
Our visa was approved exactly 5 weeks after our biometrics appointment. BRP delivery was attempted 2 days later but as we don't work from home we had to have it redelivered to a work address which ended up taking 5 days due to a weekend. So received BRP 1 week after approval & 6 weeks after biometrics appointment.

There are no guarantees with anything but we chose not to plan any travel until we'd received the BRP.

We talked to my husbands company before applying & explained the situation that the BRP may expire whilst waiting for the new application to be approved & explained section 3c leave and they were understanding. We mentioned we could pay to apply with next day service but they said not to bother wasting our money. (My husbands BRP did actually expire a week after we had our biometrics appointment)

It would be a massive waste of money to cancel your application and lose all that money at this stage. Would have ended up cheaper to just apply with priority initially!
Yes i really wish i had applied with priority initially but didn't think things through. i can go for a brp appointment on 18 november but really want my brp to come by 22 december as i need to travel on 24 december. think i will just cancel (and waste the 1k) and reapply again