ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSAL

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lesken7
Newly Registered
Ghana

EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSAL

Post by Lesken7 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:45 pm

Applied for EEA family permit for myself and my cousins.
My uncle and his wife was our sponsors. They’re both EEA Nationals.Im the nephew of my uncle and my 2 cousins are the nephews of my uncles wife .

On my application, it was indicated my uncle is my sponsor whiles my cousins are sponsored by my uncles wife .All money receipts were in the name of my uncle .
My uncle and his wife provided all their docs I.e. council tax ,tenancy agreement, pay slips , bank statements but they didn’t add their marriage certificate.

On my refusal letter . It was indicated that my uncles wife is my sponsor on my application but when making the application she wasn’t mine..

All documents provided on my behalf was in the name of my uncle, because he is my sponsor.Now the issue is why did they make his wife my sponsor on the refusal letter.

Again they indicated that all money receipts provided doesn’t show my uncles wife name but my Uncles name therefore she is not my legitimate sponsor .N.B( the receipts had my uncles name because he was my sponsor when I was making the application not his wife ).The ECO said their office want to see money receipts In the name of my uncles wife naming me as a beneficiary.
Also they indicated that They’re not convinced that I’m an extended family member of my sponsor (uncles wife )

They also want to see the financial circumstances of me and my family to see without the support of my sponsor we can’t survive

Want to reapply
How should I go about it
Kindly express your thoughts
And can 2 sponsors be used on 1 application

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSAL

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Hello

I think the move was a bit bold and I am not surprised by the refusal.

It's already hard to get a successful application for a single EEA Extended Family member. The person has really to be dependent on the EEA national or being part of his household. In the cases I have seen working, the evidence on the table was overwhelming and showing long standing, genuine and profound relationship between the EEA national and the extended family member. While this situation can exist with a person, you hardly find anyone who has 3 cousins dependent on him.

Beyond the technicalities of the refusal that you may challenge if you wish, there is the fact that you can't just apply for an EEA EFM with the representation of "I don't work and here is a bunch of Western Union receipts". You need much more than that.

The last case I saw working, it was a teenager supported for years by an EEA national. There was an impressive stack of money receipts, school bills, medical bills... plus a social condition justifying the dependency. Many of the bills were going to up to 4 and 5 digits £. The Home Office approved the application within 3 weeks.

Nothing is automatic with immigration. You can't just fill a form, send documents and hope to get a 5-year residence in return. A strong case has to be built; scientifically. But a strong case comes with a genuine life situation. You will have a hard time convincing the Home Office that 3 cousins happened to be dependent to the point where they are fully supported by that couple in the UK.

You also need to factor in the fact that the Home Office never liked EEA EFM applications. Just compare how under UK immigration routes an Adult Dependent is considered and it will tell you a lot about the mentality of the Home Office when it comes to EEA EFM. These applications have always been pushed back with varying success. Now, as we are in a transitional period, these EEA EFM routes are getting really weak.

You can still try to apply again but don't expect miracles especially if an entire crowd is applying with you.

Lesken7
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Lesken7 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:01 pm

Zerubabal so now what do you advice
Genuinely my uncle has been the one who has sponsored me for all these years
And his wife too has sponsored the 2 other cousins for all these years.
So now we want to reapply and add our school fees , medical bills , explain how we use the money he sent us.

Please what else can you advice so we go the right way .

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:02 am

Lesken7 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:45 pm
They also want to see the financial circumstances of me and my family to see without the support of my sponsor we can’t survive
Can you personally survive without the support of your uncle?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Lesken7
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Lesken7 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:29 pm
Hello

I think the move was a bit bold and I am not surprised by the refusal.

It's already hard to get a successful application for a single EEA Extended Family member. The person has really to be dependent on the EEA national or being part of his household. In the cases I have seen working, the evidence on the table was overwhelming and showing long standing, genuine and profound relationship between the EEA national and the extended family member. While this situation can exist with a person, you hardly find anyone who has 3 cousins dependent on him.

Beyond the technicalities of the refusal that you may challenge if you wish, there is the fact that you can't just apply for an EEA EFM with the representation of "I don't work and here is a bunch of Western Union receipts". You need much more than that.

The last case I saw working, it was a teenager supported for years by an EEA national. There was an impressive stack of money receipts, school bills, medical bills... plus a social condition justifying the dependency. Many of the bills were going to up to 4 and 5 digits £. The Home Office approved the application within 3 weeks.

Nothing is automatic with immigration. You can't just fill a form, send documents and hope to get a 5-year residence in return. A strong case has to be built; scientifically. But a strong case comes with a genuine life situation. You will have a hard time convincing the Home Office that 3 cousins happened to be dependent to the point where they are fully supported by that couple in the UK.

You also need to factor in the fact that the Home Office never liked EEA EFM applications. Just compare how under UK immigration routes an Adult Dependent is considered and it will tell you a lot about the mentality of the Home Office when it comes to EEA EFM. These applications have always been pushed back with varying success. Now, as we are in a transitional period, these EEA EFM routes are getting really weak.

You can still try to apply again but don't expect miracles especially if an entire crowd is applying with you.

I know of 4 people who were sponsored by their auntie . They were refused the 1 time Buh got it on the 2nd try...

With our case
We want to know how to write a strong cover letter explaining our circumstances to the ECo

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:01 am

I know of 4 people who were sponsored by their auntie . They were refused the 1 time Buh got it on the 2nd try...
It was probably during the glorious days of the EEA EFM.

In this post-Brexit world, if you don't present a compelling evidence, I don't see the Home Office going around delivered EEA cards to dependent adult relatives.

Your representation letter has to describe your situation. Then anything you say in the letter, you have to demonstrate it with strong documents.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:53 pm

You should appeal the refusal. Firstly they mocked up big time, by coping and pasting refusal. If your uncle is an EEA national himself, there is no reason to require you to show evidence in relation to his wife.

Yes I agree that the test for dependency is one of whether support is necessary to meet your essential need. No working is one aspect of demonstrating I need support, however it would assest if you clarify whether anyone else support you and whether you need this support to meet your needs.

As they failed to consider that you could be dependent on your uncle, those matter are at this point irrelevant, as they have not properly engaged with the facts of your case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors