ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizen Currently Working o/s Wishing to return with Wife of 6 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Xcelency
Newly Registered

UK Citizen Currently Working o/s Wishing to return with Wife of 6 years

Post by Xcelency » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:17 am

Hi,

As the title says, I am a UK Citizen and my wife and I have been married for 7 years. We have 2 children (6 and 3) would like to return to the UK with my family.
  • Wife is Vietnamese.
  • Children were born in Vietnam, but are entitled to British Citizenship through me (I am a British citizen otherwise than by descent).
  • I am currently working with a base salary of £55,000
QUESTION: If I buy a franchise in the UK, does this cover the job offer and the work must commence within three months of returning to the UK?

Thanks in advance for your help.

geoeng
Canada

Re: UK Citizen Currently Working o/s Wishing to return with Wife of 6 years

Post by geoeng » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 am

Xcelency wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:17 am
QUESTION: If I buy a franchise in the UK, does this cover the job offer and the work must commence within three months of returning to the UK?
A rather unique question, so I'm not sure how definite of an answer can be provided. Income from self-employment in a franchise is considered differently to that from salaried and non-salaried employment. You will want to have a careful read of the guidance document linked below, particularly section 9. I don't think you can use prospective self-employment in a franchise in the UK towards the financial requirement unless that is already how you earn that income overseas and will be returning to the UK to continue in that self-employment (no promises on that though, just my interpretation from reading the guidance document).

I believe you would need a job offer of salaried employment in the UK starting within 3 months of your return to satisfy the requirement if that is how you currently earn your income. What you do after getting a visa for your wife would be up to you keeping in mind the requirements/evidence you will need when you go to apply for visa extensions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:52 pm

Xcelency wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:17 am
Hi,

As the title says, I am a UK Citizen and my wife and I have been married for 7 years. We have 2 children (6 and 3) would like to return to the UK with my family.
  • Wife is Vietnamese.
  • Children were born in Vietnam, but are entitled to British Citizenship through me (I am a British citizen otherwise than by descent).
  • I am currently working with a base salary of £55,000

Thanks in advance for your help.
if you have 6 months old cash savings then you can use them for a straight forward case.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Xcelency
Newly Registered

Post by Xcelency » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:52 pm

if you have 6 months old cash savings then you can use them for a straight forward case.
Thank you both for your replies.

seagul, unfortunately, my savings are nowhere near £63,000. At most, I will have around half that, so no choice but to go down the employment route.