ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé Visa from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nadbo

Fiancé Visa from Pakistan

Post by Nadbo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi, I need some advice please.
My partner is planning on making a fiancé visa application to come and join me in the UK so we can marry. Fortunately we meet all the criteria except - we haven’t met! We met online through a marriage app and have been in a relationship for a year now. We speak every day, several hours a day through video call and have some since day 3 of meeting each other. We plan on marrying when he arrives here. I am unable to travel as I am wheelchair bound and it is pretty much impossible for me to get on a plane let alone visit (my parents home-where I have been numerous times before, but before my disability) pakistan. Purely because of the major lack of accessibility for people in wheelchairs. It would be impossible for me to get around or even get home from the airport. Also, I am a key worker and unable to get some time off for the moment. Do we have a case in?
I have been told to apply for a visit visa for him to come here so we can at least meet, but I know it will be refused. He’s not working at the moment and when he was it was cash, so there the ECO will find no reason for him to return. I have also been told that even a refused visit visa will help our fiancé visa application as we can fight the fact that they have refused him clearance here therefore we are unable to meet...is this the case? Any help and advice appreciated!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Fiancé Visa from Pakistan

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Nadbo wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:33 pm
. Fortunately we meet all the criteria except - we haven’t met!
Regret to say that without having being met in person the criteria won't be fulfilled despite other requirements are met.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Fiancé Visa from Pakistan

Post by geoeng » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 am

I'm not sure if it would help much in your situation with regards to accessibility, but you could consider meeting in a country that can be reached by a means of transport other than by plane.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.