ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mallu_Desi

Spouse visa for an Indian national

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:03 am

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I apologise if it is cross posting.

I am a British national with Indian origin. I got married in India last month and I want to bring her to UK. As mentioned, she is Indian. I am currently working in NHS (Band 5 in London and the job is permanent). I have some questions before I start visa procedures for her and I would be grateful if someone can answer those questions.

Mallu_Desi

Re: Spouse visa for an Indian national

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:11 am

1. I have been told by someone she needs to be in UK for five years in order to get Permanent Residency and she will be given 33 months visa in the beginning and visa needs to be extended after this period. So, how much do I have to pay for NHS surcharge? I read different information about this. Some websites say it is £1000 and others say £1200. Which one is correct? When is the new NHS surcharge is going to come in (£625- as proposed by new UK govt)? At what stage do I have to pay for NHS surcharge?

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:23 am

2. Since she is Indian, I have been told that she needs to apply through one of the VFS centres in India. I just want to confirm about the visa fees. Is it £1523? Can I pay from UK or do they have to pay in INR? I also want to ask about the priority visa. What is the charges for priority visa? Is it worth it? What is difference between time frame for processing (between priority service and normal service)?

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 am

3. Is her application is gonna get processed in India or is it gonna be in Sheffield? Do I have to send the applications/ documents to Sheffield if thats the case?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:11 am

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:11 am

(3rd party non governmental link removed by Moderator)
The link previously pasted and repasted now aren't third party rather an official link from vfs based in India.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:11 am
1. I have been told by someone she needs to be in UK for five years in order to get Permanent Residency and she will be given 33 months visa in the beginning and visa needs to be extended after this period. So, how much do I have to pay for NHS surcharge? I read different information about this. Some websites say it is £1000 and others say £1200. Which one is correct? When is the new NHS surcharge is going to come in (£625- as proposed by new UK govt)? At what stage do I have to pay for NHS surcharge?
I don't know the answers to the other questions, but I'll answer the ones above.

The IHS is £400 per year or part thereof. A visa of 33 months would mean an IHS of £400 X 3 =£1200, as confirmed by the calculator that seagul posted above.

New immigration fees tend to kick in on 6th April, in line with the tax year, but it has been known to go up at other times of the year, some times unexpectedly.

Given that the government is wholly busy with Brexit till 31st January, and that will likely be followed by a major government restructure (likely with the creation of a new Borders and Immigration department/ministry separate from the Home Office), my guess is that there will be no increase till March anyways.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:00 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:07 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
I don't know the answers to the other questions, but I'll answer the ones above.

The IHS is £400 per year or part thereof. A visa of 33 months would mean an IHS of £400 X 3 =£1200, as confirmed by the calculator that seagul posted above.

New immigration fees tend to kick in on 6th April, in line with the tax year, but it has been known to go up at other times of the year, some times unexpectedly.

Given that the government is wholly busy with Brexit till 31st January, and that will likely be followed by a major government restructure (likely with the creation of a new Borders and Immigration department/ministry separate from the Home Office), my guess is that there will be no increase till March anyways.
Thanks a lot. I was expecting them to charge on pro-rata basis. Didn’t know that they are going to take money in yearly basis. Hopefully, I will start her application before and evade the increase.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
I assume you have to pay for surcharge as part of the application fees. Will it get refunded in worst case scenario (god forbid)? I mean no point of paying for health care if the parson is not on the country.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:32 am

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
I assume you have to pay for surcharge as part of the application fees. Will it get refunded in worst case scenario (god forbid)? I mean no point of paying for health care if the parson is not on the country.
The NHS surcharge will be refunded if the application is refused.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:11 am
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

(3rd party non governmental link removed by Moderator)
Thanks Seagul. Unfortunately it doesn’t say anything about payment and options.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi again,

As I mentioned in the introduction, I am currently working in NHS (Permanent Band 5 in London with current salary around £31,500). I was fortunate to get promoted in the same NHS trust. I am going to start my new role tomorrow (02/03/2020). There is a slight change in job title and it’s a Band 6 wages (around £36,500). I am planning to submit my application end of March. I am wondering how these changes in circumstances affect my application.

1. My job title changed slightly. It is gonna affect my letter from employer.
2. There is an increase in salary. I won’t get my new pay slip until March 26th.

This means I am submitting only one playslip from band 6 wages and rest of the payslips will be band 5 wages. Is it going to affect my alllication?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:04 am

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:22 pm
This means I am submitting only one playslip from band 6 wages and rest of the payslips will be band 5 wages. Is it going to affect my alllication?
As it's a higher salary and is with the same employer, I don't think it should affect anything.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:22 pm
Hi again,

As I mentioned in the introduction, I am currently working in NHS (Permanent Band 5 in London with current salary around £31,500). I was fortunate to get promoted in the same NHS trust. I am going to start my new role tomorrow (02/03/2020). There is a slight change in job title and it’s a Band 6 wages (around £36,500). I am planning to submit my application end of March. I am wondering how these changes in circumstances affect my application.

1. My job title changed slightly. It is gonna affect my letter from employer.
2. There is an increase in salary. I won’t get my new pay slip until March 26th.

1. Employer letter must state the new role & new salary along with old salary.

2. No issue but the lowest wages will be considered which I believe is overly sufficient in your case.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Thank you Geoeng and Seagul

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:22 pm

My partner took IELTS Life Skills B1 exam delivered by British Council and she passed the exam. I am aware that she only needs A1 level in order to apply for UK settlement visa. However, recently I found out that this exam is only valid for two years. The whole point of taking B1 exam was to avoid taking further exams in five years.

Can anyone clarify about the validity of IELTS Life Skills exams?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:22 pm
My partner took IELTS Life Skills B1 exam delivered by British Council and she passed the exam. I am aware that she only needs A1 level in order to apply for UK settlement visa. However, recently I found out that this exam is only valid for two years. The whole point of taking B1 exam was to avoid taking further exams in five years.

It will still be reusable even after being expired provided it was used previously for the successful grant of leave and remain on HO list of approved test.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:29 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:22 pm

It will still be reusable even after being expired provided it was used previously for the successful grant of leave and remain on HO list of approved test.
Thanks a lot. Hopefully HO won't change anything.

You are right. I should only worry about it in 2.5 years :)

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:41 pm

I forgot to include one important part in my question.

As part of job, I am required to work on night shift (compulsory) and weekends (optional).

1. I do get paid out of hours enhancement pay for working night shifts along with my basic salary and it comes in one payslip. My net pay vary every months as I do different numbers of night shift every month.

2. As mentioned before I do weekends shifts (same NHS trust and same job). This is a 'bank' (temporary worker) contract. I have different pay roll number for this job and I get another payslip. Again, my pay will be be different (I mean for weekend shifts) depends on number of shifts and type of shifts/ hours. Shall I submit both payslips when I apply?

For these reasons, I can't provide an exact figure for my yearly salary. What should I do in this situation?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:41 pm

As part of job, I am required to work on night shift (compulsory) and weekends (optional).

1. I do get paid out of hours enhancement pay for working night shifts along with my basic salary and it comes in one payslip. My net pay vary every months as I do different numbers of night shift every month.

2. As mentioned before I do weekends shifts (same NHS trust and same job). This is a 'bank' (temporary worker) contract. I have different pay roll number for this job and I get another payslip. Again, my pay will be be different (I mean for weekend shifts) depends on number of shifts and type of shifts/ hours. Shall I submit both payslips when I apply?

For these reasons, I can't provide an exact figure for my yearly salary. What should I do in this situation?
Easiest way to understand it will be that whatever is your fixed wages will be calculated by salaried person approch whereas anything additional such as variable overtime including temporary work will be calculated by none-salaried person approach. Since you mainly work during nights so your night premium/enhanced rate which i guess must be the part of your fixed income. You should attach all payslips including the one having different payroll number on it but your employer letter must confirm both. To get the annual wages figure you need to calculate the annualized average wages (total of last 6 months overtime income/6*12) then add it back to your fixed wages.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:11 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:03 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:

Easiest way to understand it will be that whatever is your fixed wages will be calculated by salaried person approch whereas anything additional such as variable overtime including temporary work will be calculated by none-salaried person approach. Since you mainly work during nights so your night premium/enhanced rate which i guess must be the part of your fixed income. You should attach all payslips including the one having different payroll number on it but your employer letter must confirm both. To get the annual wages figure you need to calculate the annualized average wages (total of last 6 months overtime income/6*12) then add it back to your fixed wages.
Thanks Seagul for your reply.

Just to clarify, I dont work on night shifts mainly. All of us work on night shifts on rotational basis. Sometimes it’s just once in a month and sometimes it is two or three. Every month it varies depending on others and my availability.

Can you please tell me the difference between salaried approach and none-salaried approach?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:11 pm
seagul wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:

Just to clarify, I dont work on night shifts mainly. All of us work on night shifts on rotational basis. Sometimes it’s just once in a month and sometimes it is two or three. Every month it varies depending on others and my availability.

Can you please tell me the difference between salaried approach and none-salaried approach?
How much is your fixed wages before any additional work/overtime?
How much have you earned during the last 6 months including & excluding overtime/additional work?

Most jobs such as security, driving, NHS etc are by default are rotational where mostly the premium rate/enhanced rate is part of contractual salary unless mention something different in contract/job letter.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:15 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:11 pm
seagul wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:

How much is your fixed wages before any additional work/overtime?
How much have you earned during the last 6 months including & excluding overtime/additional work?

Most jobs such as security, driving, NHS etc are by default are rotational where mostly the premium rate/enhanced rate is part of contractual salary unless mention something different in contract/job letter.
I will give a complete break down this week

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:44 pm

I am in the process of collecting accommodation supporting documents. We are planning to stay with my parents for the time being. What is the validity of:

1. Survey report
2. Mortgage statements
3. Letter from mortgage lender
4. NOC letter from parents
5. Title deeds

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:44 pm
I am in the process of collecting accommodation supporting documents. We are planning to stay with my parents for the time being. What is the validity of:

1. Survey report
2. Mortgage statements
3. Letter from mortgage lender
4. NOC letter from parents
5. Title deeds
Try to keep them very close to the date of application. 1&3 might even not be needed.