ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visas for ILR holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sriniangara
Newly Registered

Dependent Visas for ILR holder

Post by Sriniangara » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi,

I'm bit confused regarding what type of VISA is required to bring my family to UK?
  • I got my ILR in 2018 October - Tier 2 General, 5year route
  • Now I'm planning to bring my family (Spouse and 2 Kids)
  • Can anyone please help me what type of Visa are they eligible? ILR Dependent or Tier 2 Dependent?
  • Or is it good to bring them after I got my citizenship?
It would be great if someone can help me out

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visas for ILR holder

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:16 pm

Can anyone please help me what type of Visa are they eligible? ILR Dependent or Tier 2 Dependent?
They do not qualify for tier 2 dependent visa because you are not a current tier 2 visa holder. They must apply for the more expensive spouse/child settlement visa. Your spouse will need to meet the English requirement and you must meet the financial requirment. You also need to prove adequate accommodation.
Or is it good to bring them after I got my citizenship?
Makes no difference. Whether you hold ilr or British citizenship, it is the same visa, spouse/child settlement visa.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.