ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M EXTENSION - old passport?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Birth Certificate for British child

Post by mmlsha » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi everyone,
My initial spouse visa is about to expire soon and I’m currently preparing to EXTEND my visa as a Partner of a British citizen. We had our first baby last year who automatically becomes of British nationality since she was born here in the UK and my partner is British. I don’t need to include her as dependant since she is British, so I’m applying alone.
My question is, do I need to submit her birth certificate to prove that we have a British child? Thank you in advance.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

FLR(M) form question help please

Post by mmlsha » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:17 am

Hi everyone,
I am currently filling in the form online for FLR M, and if someone could help me in answering few questions please:

1. Time lived in the UK
- I’m currently on a Partner visa - arrived last June 2018 and on the process of extending my stay as a Partner of British citizen. So that’s about - 2yrs and 7months long. But I have also previously lived in the UK for 9yrs long before. I was single at that time then got married to a British citizen. I applied for Partner visa whilst I was in the UK that time but we had some visa issue with regards to financial requirement so I had to leave the country that time. I went back home and stayed there for several months. Then I applied for a fresh Spouse visa and was granted visa issued May 2018.
My question is: Do I need to include the years I lived in the UK in the past? Or is it just from when I was granted my current Partner visa? The question in the form is not a text box where I can explain things, but it’s just a small box to enter number of years and months.

Would really appreciate if someone can reply me please.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) form question help please

Post by manci » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am

The answers you give to questions on the form must be completely accurate, so aggregate and enter the total time you lived in the UK.

At the end of online application forms there is usually a section called Additional Information where one can expand the answers given on the form.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Post by mmlsha » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:59 am

manci wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am
The answers you give to questions on the form must be completely accurate, so aggregate and enter the total time you lived in the UK.

At the end of online application forms there is usually a section called Additional Information where one can expand the answers given on the form.

Thank you @manci for your reply. Just to follow up that question, how about from the date I left the UK where I stayed back home upto when I arrived again for the 2nd time in the UK (spouse visa), Do I have to include that as well?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 pm

mmlsha wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:59 am
Thank you @manci for your reply. Just to follow up that question, how about from the date I left the UK where I stayed back home upto when I arrived again for the 2nd time in the UK (spouse visa), Do I have to include that as well?
haven't seen the actual question on the form but if it is " Time lived in the UK" then obviously not

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Post by mmlsha » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:53 pm

manci wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 pm
mmlsha wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:59 am
haven't seen the actual question on the form but if it is " Time lived in the UK" then obviously not

The question is actually under 2 of 7: Application - Personal Information section, just before the “Absence details” section. Thanks thou for taking time to reply, appreciate it alot. Do you know if I also need to provide a birth certificate for my UK born child (British). I know I don’t need to put her as dependent child as she is British but Im just thinking if I still need to provide her birth certificate to prove I have a British child? Thank you in advance.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Form for FLR M - few questions + requirement

Post by mmlsha » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:57 am

Hi everyone,

I’m going to apply for FLR M to EXTEND my visa as a Partner of British citizen.

There are few questions in the FLR M form which I need some opinions please. Would really appreciate if someone can reply.

Below are 2 questions which I’m feeling bit anxious to answer, as if like they’re going to send me out! Or maybe im just feeling stressed and paranoid lolllll :roll: Idk, can anyone give me any tips in answering these please?

I’m not sure yet whether to write my home country or my partner’s home country.

1. If you were required to leave the UK, which country would you go to?

2. Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country

My other questions are:

- Do I need to submit a 2x passport sized photo of myself just like when I first apply for spouse visa?

- Do I need to submit photos of myself and my partner together?

- Do I need to provide birth certificate of my British child (she’s NOT applying with me as she is already British) to prove that I have British child?

- Should I include Cover letter? If so, from myself or my husband?

mmlsha
Newly Registered

FLR M form questions again

Post by mmlsha » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 am

Hi everyone,

Haven’t received any reply from my last post yet.
Please, can someone give me some advice? :( thanks.

Check below:

Hi everyone,

There are few questions in the FLR M form which I need some opinions please. Would really appreciate if someone can reply.

Below are 2 questions which I’m feeling bit anxious to answer, as if like they’re going to send me out! Or maybe im just feeling stressed and paranoid lolllll :roll: Idk, can anyone give me any tips in answering these please?

1. If you were required to leave the UK, which country would you go to?

2. Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country

My other questions are:

- Do I need to submit a 2x passport sized photo of myself just like when I first apply for spouse visa?

- Do I need to submit photos of myself and my partner together?

- Do I need to provide birth certificate of my British child (she’s NOT applying with me as she is already British) to prove that I have British child?

- Should I include Cover letter? If so, from myself or my husband?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M form questions again

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:17 pm

mmlsha wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 am
Hi everyone,

Check below:

Hi everyone,

1. If you were required to leave the UK, which country would you go to? This is for you to answer personally....probably your own home country or do you have unrestricted ingress and egress to and from your partners home country?

2. Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country Answer truthfully as it applies to you.

My other questions are:

- Do I need to submit a 2x passport sized photo of myself just like when I first apply for spouse visa? Not required anymore

- Do I need to submit photos of myself and my partner together? Not required

- Do I need to provide birth certificate of my British child (she’s NOT applying with me as she is already British) to prove that I have British child? Not mandatory, however you may when indicating the status of the child

- Should I include Cover letter? If so, from myself or my husband? If there are things you feel are better addressed through the cover letter that has got no space on the form. Could be from either

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Confusing question on FLR M form

Post by mmlsha » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just filling in the FLR M form online and I’m bit stuck on few questions.

1. Do you and your partner currently live together?
Of course, I answered ‘yes

Then upon answering ‘YES’, follow-up questions popped down.

* When did u start living together in a relationship?
- I entered the date

* Where have u lived together?
- I entered our current address Is this right? Or should I enter the address where we started living together (old address)??? The reason why I put our current address is because of the statement below asking for items of correspondence.

* :roll: Items of correspondence address to Mrs.____ and Mr.____ at the same address as evidence as you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years

Then after the above questions, this is what was written at the bottom of the screen:

2. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2 year period, please provide a letter from relatives or friends confirming this.

I confirm I will provide:

[ ] A letter from relatives or friends confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2 year period

- My husband, myself, and my mother has been living in a rented flat since I came in the UK. So do I need to ask my mum for a letter? I never seen anyone providing this so I just want to ask if I should tick this box with a check or ignore? We have a tenancy agreement thou which I would include in my application.

Please, can someone help me give their experience or thoughts about these questions. Would really appreciate any reply. Thanks.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M form questions again

Post by mmlsha » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:17 pm
mmlsha wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 am
Hi everyone,

Check below:

Hi everyone,

1. If you were required to leave the UK, which country would you go to? This is for you to answer personally....probably your own home country or do you have unrestricted ingress and egress to and from your partners home country?

2. Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country Answer truthfully as it applies to you.

My other questions are:

- Do I need to submit a 2x passport sized photo of myself just like when I first apply for spouse visa? Not required anymore

- Do I need to submit photos of myself and my partner together? Not required

- Do I need to provide birth certificate of my British child (she’s NOT applying with me as she is already British) to prove that I have British child? Not mandatory, however you may when indicating the status of the child

- Should I include Cover letter? If so, from myself or my husband? If there are things you feel are better addressed through the cover letter that has got no space on the form. Could be from either

Thank you so so much @AmazonianX for your reply. I have few more questions to ask you about the questions in FLR M form which I’m a bit confused. I hope you can help me please.

1. Do you and your partner currently live together?
Of course, I answered ‘yes

Then upon answering ‘YES’, follow-up questions popped down.

* When did u start living together in a relationship?
- I entered the date

* Where have u lived together?
- I entered our current address Is this right? Or should I enter the address where we started living together (old address)???The reason why I put our current address is because of the statement below asking for items of correspondence.

* :roll: Items of correspondence address to Mrs.____ and Mr.____ at the same address as evidence as you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years

Then after the above questions, this is what was written at the bottom of the screen:

2. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2 year period, please provide a letter from relatives or friends confirming this.

I confirm I will provide:

[ ] A letter from relatives or friends confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2 year period

- My husband, myself, and my mother has been living in a rented flat since I came in the UK. So do I need to ask my mum for a letter? I never seen anyone providing this so I just want to ask if I should tick this box with a check or ignore? We have a tenancy agreement thou which I would include in my application.

Would really appreciate if you can reply me please. Thank you!

mmlsha
Newly Registered

FLR M EXTENSION - old passport?

Post by mmlsha » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi,

I just finished filling in the FLR M form online and now near the end where it is showing the checklist of Mandatory documents and other documents.
I just want to ask if I need to submit my OLD PASSPORTS (I have 2 old ones) as well? coz itit’s not showing on the checklist that I have to.
Can someone please advise? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M EXTENSION - old passport?

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:37 pm

Please do not start a new topic for every question you have on the same application.

Keep all questions in one topic please
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Post by mmlsha » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:37 pm
Please do not start a new topic for every question you have on the same application.

Keep all questions in one topic please
Ohh sorry CR001. I’m new here and not really sure how things work. Anyway, would really appreciate if you can advise me with my question please? Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:08 pm

mmlsha wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:08 pm
Hi,

I just finished filling in the FLR M form online and now near the end where it is showing the checklist of Mandatory documents and other documents.
I just want to ask if I need to submit my OLD PASSPORTS (I have 2 old ones) as well? coz itit’s not showing on the checklist that I have to.
Can someone please advise? Thank you.
If it has relevant travel history scan and upload.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M EXTENSION -

Post by mmlsha » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:18 pm

Thank you for your advise @AmazonianX
I am now ready to upload my documents to ukvcas. Just one more question regarding the bank statement of my husband please. The date of my application was Feb 20. The 6 months payslips that I will be submitting are from September-February. My husband’s February salary was paid Feb 18 (which is before the date of my application).

My question is: The February bank statement of my husband will be coming in 2-3days time (which is usually available 1st week of the month). Today is March 1 so im guessing it would come any day now. Will it be acceptable for Home Office to submit his March bank statement knowing my date of application is Feb20? It’s just because I need to match the bank statement with the payment on his payslips and the last payslip is February.
Please, can someone advise me regarding this matter? Would really appreciate your reply. Thank you admins.

mmlsha
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M EXTENSION - RESULT

Post by mmlsha » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:25 am

LAST UPDATE:

Hi guys,
Just wanted to do my last update for this post.
I finally had my biometrics done last week 19th of March and yesterday 26th of March 2021 I got an email from Home Office saying my visa application is successful and my new biometric residence permit card will come within 7-10working days.
Thank you to all the admin and everyone who took time to answer my questions.

Have a great day everyone and wish you all a positive result as well for your application.

💕💕💕🎉🎉🎉

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M EXTENSION - RESULT

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:31 am

mmlsha wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:25 am
LAST UPDATE:

Hi guys,
Just wanted to do my last update for this post.
I finally had my biometrics done last week 19th of March and yesterday 26th of March 2021 I got an email from Home Office saying my visa application is successful and my new biometric residence permit card will come within 7-10working days.
Thank you to all the admin and everyone who took time to answer my questions.

Have a great day everyone and wish you all a positive result as well for your application.

💕💕💕🎉🎉🎉

Congratulations