ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case ID email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrsdoc
inactive

Naturalisation and dispute with the car finance company.

Post by Mrsdoc » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:47 am

Hi, I hope someone can help me with the information on this topic.
I am planning to apply for a British citizenship and I’ve got all documents ready for it. The only thing that worries me is the “Good character” requirement. I’m currently disputing with the car finance company over some amount they demand of me. I have “Voluntarily” terminated my “Hire purchase” agreement after paying more than 60% of the agreed amount ,return the vehicle and yet they chase me for the sum. I’ve got a Financial Ombudsman involved now as the car finance is clearly violating the law.
My concern is that this issue might affect my naturalisation application. This is very frustrating as I have No Other issues in regards to the “good character”, no other debts and still a very healthy credit rating. I had also been actively doing volunteer work for the past 5 years and only paused it due to the pandemic.
I will appreciate if someone can give me an opinion on my situation.
Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation and dispute with the car finance company.

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Debt is a civil issue. For now the matter is between you and the car finance company.

However, the car finance company can chase you to court. If they chase and take you to court, the worst you will get is a civil court order to pay (if you loose).

If you pay, no issues. If you do not pay and ignore the court order, finance company can chase to get a CCJ against you.

This is a long process till they get a CCJ against you.

CCJ has to be declared in the AN application. Even if one has a CCJ and has some arrangements in place to pay and makes an effort to show evidence of payments, this is fine.

Conclusion: For now, you have nothing to declare or worry about.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:25 pm
Debt is a civil issue. For now the matter is between you and the car finance company.

However, the car finance company can chase you to court. If they chase and take you to court, the worst you will get is a civil court order to pay (if you loose).

If you pay, no issues. If you do not pay and ignore the court order, finance company can chase to get a CCJ against you.

This is a long process till they get a CCJ against you.

CCJ has to be declared in the AN application. Even if one has a CCJ and has some arrangements in place to pay and makes an effort to show evidence of payments, this is fine.

Conclusion: For now, you have nothing to declare or worry about.
Thank you very much for your swift response! This gives me a bit of piece of mind. So, do you think I can go ahead and apply for the naturalisation at this point?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Yes you can.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Case ID email

Post by Mrsdoc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi, I hope so one can confirm that it’s a relevant email to my application.
I applied for a naturalisation as a British citizen and I received an email where it said :

UK Visas & Immigration

Dear MRS ****

Case ID:***

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team

What confused me is the “brp” link. Can someone tell me if it’s a regular email for someone who applied for naturalisation?

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Case ID email

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:16 am

Your BRP remains valid until you become British at the ceremony. That link allows you to report the changes of your circumstances as you hold a BRP. What is the confusion?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:16 am
Your BRP remains valid until you become British at the ceremony. That link allows you to report the changes of your circumstances as you hold a BRP. What is the confusion?
Hi, thank you for your response.To begin with I don’t have a BRP as I have BRC under the EU settlement scheme. Secondly, having applied for a naturalisation I did not expect to have any mentioning of the BRP, hence the confusion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 am

It is a generic email!! Many get the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.