ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA-2-6 MTHS OVER-HOW CAN I REACH TO HO TO MAKE COMPLAINTS?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:14 am

HELLO,

I have made my EEA-2 Residence Card application 6 moths ago on 28thof March and called HO to see the process and was told that they can not give any info regarding the process.I am really frasturated with this and my Husband constantly has been calling and trying to get through to them.
Can someone advice me what to do best as the given time frame 6 months is already past?

Many thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA-2-6 MTHS OVER-HOW CAN I REACH TO HO TO MAKE COMPLAIN

Post by Wanderer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:22 am

eylemy wrote:HELLO,

I have made my EEA-2 Residence Card application 6 moths ago on 28thof March and called HO to see the process and was told that they can not give any info regarding the process.I am really frasturated with this and my Husband constantly has been calling and trying to get through to them.
Can someone advice me what to do best as the given time frame 6 months is already past?

Many thanks.
Wait. It's the same for many others.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thsths

Re: EEA-2-6 MTHS OVER-HOW CAN I REACH TO HO TO MAKE COMPLAIN

Post by thsths » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:43 pm

eylemy wrote:I am really frasturated with this and my Husband constantly has been calling and trying to get through to them.
There is no easy solution. Calling certainly does not help, so you can stop doing that. If you want to complain, I think you should talk to your MP. He/she can inquire about the state of the application, and he could even get something moving on the political level.

Complaints to the UKBA seem to be mostly useless, although there are some people that actually got a useful response.

As Wanderer said, the best thing is to wait.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your responses.My husband finally got on hold of someone, but no help, not even given any time frame!!!All we have to do is wait.I guess we will try the MP option, see how it works!
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi

I applied in february and sent in alot of compaint letters,, contacted solvit and wrote a letter to my MP. received a letter last week that htey are sorry for the delay and they can confirm the case is now decided and i will hear from the department soon.

My MP wrote to me as well that he has written to them. i called the home office today and they said its still under consideration.. bloody useless people dont even comunicate with each other.

lets hope will hear soon. dont know the result yet though but they say that it has been decided.

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

my husband applied in February, end of august we sent complaintletters by mail and email, as you can not really find out, who to contact. One week later they wrot us back, they are sorry for the delay and we should send our passports back, than it only should take 3weeks.
4 weeks are gone now, no news!! We try calling them, but of course all they say is: you have to wait!!
We sent another complaintletter this week, to the person who wrote us before to send the passports back. And to be on the safe side, we sent the complaint aswell by email.
But still, I have no idea how to speed them up or get any kind of information how long it takes and why!!!

cb1964

Post by cb1964 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:56 pm

I applied for residency as an Irish citizen (was told it would speed things up) alongside my husbands application as Non-EU citizen.

We sent our applications in at the end of February also. I received my passport back mid August, however we are still waiting on my husbands. I telephoned and they have also said his application is 'under consideration'. I asked what was there to consider as we had already been through a tribunal. He replied that it means it is still being processed and has no idea as to how long it will take.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 pm

...do u know where they studied the EEA4 application forms , is it in Croydon or Liverpool .... I'm a bit confuse now , i need some serious help , my case is a bit complicated , before i applied for the UK PR i left the UK about 2 months before my resident permit expired i went to France to apply for the permanent resident of France , as my wife is French .i had the resident permit in about 25days. but i'm thinking if its possible to send my wife to apply for my UK PR , do u think it will be a problem for that , as if it was me who applied for it...plzzzzzzz let me know .

eylemy
Newly Registered

Does anyone know the address of Liverpool HO?

Post by eylemy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi all,
I will write a compaint letter and see how it goes.Will fax them as well. I will pressure them as much as it goes.They actually know that is against law.
I lost my uncle, my mum is in a horrible situation , can not go and support her. it is just so horrible what they doing to our lives.

Does anyone know where to post this letter and if there is any fax number, i would appreciate.
Many thanks.

smacky123
Newly Registered

Post by smacky123 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:08 pm

i applied for my residence card in feb and in sept, 7 months later i still had not heard anything. i rang the manchester no and they said they will resolve the issue in a week. i than rang ho, the 0870 no and i told them i needed to travel and that i'd like my passport back. they sent the residence card and passport within a week.

smacky123
Newly Registered

Post by smacky123 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:09 pm

i applied for my residence card in feb and in sept, 7 months later i still had not heard anything. i rang the manchester no and they said they will resolve the issue in a week. i than rang ho, the 0870 no and i told them i needed to travel and that i'd like my passport back. they sent the residence card and passport within a week.

smacky123
Newly Registered

Post by smacky123 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:14 pm

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:36 pm

on the acknowledgement letter i received it says that the application will be decided in 6 months...from the forum i get that many people's applications have exceed that time frame....

does the 6months limit on the paper have any legal binding...?

has anyone made enquiries after the 6 months and mentioned specifically what the acknowledgement letter says...?

if yes.........than apart from waiting,calling etc etc is there any other feedback mechanism.....?

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:37 pm

on the acknowledgement letter i received it says that the application will be decided in 6 months...from the forum i get that many people's applications have exceed that time frame....

does the 6months limit on the paper have any legal binding...?

has anyone made enquiries after the 6 months and mentioned specifically what the acknowledgement letter says...?

if yes.........than apart from waiting,calling etc etc is there any other feedback mechanism.....?

rogerex

Post by rogerex » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:32 am

You requested your passprot to travel? Isnt the application withdrawn when you requeste the applicants passport back?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am

rogerex wrote:You requested your passprot to travel? Isnt the application withdrawn when you requeste the applicants passport back?
No the application is not withdrawn.

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Sat May 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Plum70 wrote:
rogerex wrote:You requested your passprot to travel? Isnt the application withdrawn when you requeste the applicants passport back?
No the application is not withdrawn.
Hmm, this is interesting as I thought I read somewhere that application is withdrawn if you request passport back.

I have applied since July 2008 and thus have been waiting for about 10 months now. I really could do with a break OUTSIDE UK! :)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:42 am

Chirurgie wrote:I have applied since July 2008 and thus have been waiting for about 10 months now. I really could do with a break OUTSIDE UK! :)
You can request your passport back and, if you are a non-visa national, can travel outside the UK without any problems. However, if you are a visa national, and assuming that your current visa is expired, you may find it near impossible to convince airline carriers or the UK Immigration that you are entitled to exit and re-enter the UK w/out a valid permit. Alternatively, you can apply for a EEA Family permit before returning to the UK. Take documents like a photocopy of your EU spouse's passport, marriage certificate, CoA, rental agreements, bank statements e.t.c... to support the application.

Marchooska
Newly Registered

Post by Marchooska » Mon May 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Plum70 wrote: You can request your passport back and, if you are a non-visa national, can travel outside the UK without any problems.
Hi Plum70. What nationality are you? When you say a non-visa national can travel outside the UK without problems does that mean re-entering the UK as well?

I am waiting for my residence card and it has now been over 6mths (I applied in October 2008). I need to travel in July and again in October. At this stage we (my husband and I) are considering we wont be able to go as we cannot make any plans until I know I can get back to the UK without any hassles.

As I am also working full-time in a professional position I do not have time to apply for another Family Permit as I only have so much annual leave.

I have read a couple of times on different forums that a non-visa national awaiting there Residence card should have no hassles re-entering the UK even with an expired Family Permit but how sure is it?? Have you done this?

I appreciate your help.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 06, 2009 12:06 pm

If the home office has exceeded the 6 month absolute maximum limit, then you should definitely complain. Waiting passively will not resolve the situation.

(1) contact Solvit -- http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/
(2) contact your MP and indicate the the home office has not responded within the legally required 6 months. Each MP usually has an assistant who deals with immigration matters and they have special secret phone numbers to phones in HO which are actually answered.
(3) write a letter to the home office and send it by special delivery. Be sure to indicate that you are aware of their legal requirement to process the application in 6 months and that has not been done.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed May 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Marchooska wrote:Hi Plum70. What nationality are you? When you say a non-visa national can travel outside the UK without problems does that mean re-entering the UK as well?

[...]

As I am also working full-time in a professional position I do not have time to apply for another Family Permit as I only have so much annual leave.

I have read a couple of times on different forums that a non-visa national awaiting there Residence card should have no hassles re-entering the UK even with an expired Family Permit but how sure is it?? Have you done this?

I appreciate your help.
If you do not need a visa to enter the UK you should have no problem with the check-in staff. The immigration officers cannot deny you either if you can proof your status. In fact, a non-visa national shouldn't need a FP in the first place.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you do not have time to apply for another FP. They are only available through a consulate abroad.

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 am

My legal reason to be staying and working full time in this country is as a "spouse of EEA National" and as such, even if I receive passport back (without permit), I will probably not be able to travel (can go abroad, returning to UK may be the problem!). Anyhow, after waiting a year now, I have to remain patient as not jeopardize application by passport withdrawal. :(

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:46 am

Chirurgie wrote:Anyhow, after waiting a year now, I have to remain patient as not jeopardize application by passport withdrawal. :(
Jeopardize your application? Is there something about the application that is particularly special or that you think is a problem?

You have a right to travel. Requesting the passport back is not unusual. Especially not when they are taking extra time to get organized.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If the home office has exceeded the 6 month absolute maximum limit, then you should definitely complain. Waiting passively will not resolve the situation.

(1) contact Solvit -- http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/
(2) contact your MP and indicate the the home office has not responded within the legally required 6 months. Each MP usually has an assistant who deals with immigration matters and they have special secret phone numbers to phones in HO which are actually answered.
(3) write a letter to the home office and send it by special delivery. Be sure to indicate that you are aware of their legal requirement to process the application in 6 months and that has not been done.
I agree with you directives. This deliberate illegal action seems rampant.
These people think they are above the law.

In fact the newly release guidelines states that application should not even reach the 6 months maximum except there are serious public policy issues, or an investigation is on going.

None of these applies to the UK border agency I'm afraid.

The most cynical of their excuses is the foreign prisoners removal they are taking about.

Until someone takes them to court for damages they will not cease these practices.

I found their actions as illegal as the Irish's modification of the directive, before Metock bravely took them head on.

Goodness knows what the Irish would have done with the directive had Metock not unrelentingly pursued them

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Chirurgie wrote:Anyhow, after waiting a year now, I have to remain patient as not jeopardize application by passport withdrawal. :(
Jeopardize your application? Is there something about the application that is particularly special or that you think is a problem?

You have a right to travel. Requesting the passport back is not unusual. Especially not when they are taking extra time to get organized.
It says in on the website that requesting back passport will result in withdrawal of application. Now that I am (hopefully) so close to completion, it would be silly to end up with resetting it.