ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR husband applying for wife's visa online? Priority service??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AjPS
Mood:
India

Spousal visa and work

Post by AjPS » Sun May 16, 2021 9:04 am

Hi all,
I have UK ILR and an indian passport and am getting married soon in Delhi to an Indian girl. Just want to know the process, documents and timeline for a spousal visa and if she can work on it like a regular T2 work visa?

Thanks.

P.S. I believe we need to have a court marriage registration and my UK work/ salary docs ready for her spousal visa?

Casa

Re: Spousal visa and work

Post by Casa » Sun May 16, 2021 11:43 am

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm

My other worry is given India is on UK travel red list, I think I as a PR holder can still return soon provided I do a 10day hotel quarantine but my wife on spousal visa won't be allowed in as of now?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 16, 2021 8:17 pm

AjPS wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm
My other worry is given India is on UK travel red list, I think I as a PR holder can still return soon provided I do a 10day hotel quarantine Yes but my wife on spousal visa won't be allowed in as of now? Correct as of now, note that the spouse visa application is being made from abroad and take weeks and currently 90days visa vignette being granted

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon May 17, 2021 6:00 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:17 pm
AjPS wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm
Correct as of now, note that the spouse visa application is being made from abroad and take weeks and currently 90days visa vignette being granted
So, my wife can apply from India itself and it can get a spousal visa in 3 months but then are spousal or T2 visa holders even allowed to enter UK while India remains on red list or not? I thought, only PR/citizens are allowed inside at the moment.

Am wondering, if after marriage, I can return on my PR but she despite getting spousal visa may get stuck in India as won't be allowed entry to UK as long as India on the "red" list.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 pm

1) So, my wife can apply from India itself and it can get a spousal visa in 3 months but then are spousal or T2 visa holders even allowed to enter UK while India remains on red list or not? I thought, only PR/citizens are allowed inside at the moment.

Am wondering, if after marriage, I can return on my PR but she despite getting spousal visa may get stuck in India as won't be allowed entry to UK as long as India on the "red" list.

2) or can she only enter UK for 90days?

3) for my financial proof, I can give 6 months payslips. Is a letter from my employer also needed? As I'll need to ask them then.

4) lastly, for accommodation proof, how old should the rent agreement be as I am in talks to move to a new, bigger rented house in preparation for her arrival?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:37 pm

She can enter the UK with a spouse visa. She will have to quarantine in a hotel for £1750
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon May 24, 2021 4:56 pm

Thanks.

Also:
for my financial proof, I can give 6 months payslips. Is a letter from my employer also needed? As I'll need to ask them then.

lastly, for accommodation proof, how old should the rent agreement be as I am in talks to move to a new, bigger rented house in preparation for her arrival?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon May 24, 2021 5:45 pm

AjPS wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:56 pm
Thanks.

Also:
for my financial proof, I can give 6 months payslips. Is a letter from my employer also needed? As I'll need to ask them then.

lastly, for accommodation proof, how old should the rent agreement be as I am in talks to move to a new, bigger rented house in preparation for her arrival?
Yes letter from employer is a MUST and doesn’t matter as long as you have an adequate accommodation which can accommodate both of you.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 am

thanks, I'll ask my employer for a letter confirming my name, ILR details and job title, salary, etc.

and for accommodation proof, then I believe I can submit a new rent agreement only, e.g., if we apply in July 2021, the rent agreement will have a start date of early June. is that ok?

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 pm

How about: if I change my current UK accomodation from my shared rented flat to a 1-2 bedroom flat for us in June or July. And then come to India and get married and apply for her partner visa (under family visa) in August, and pay for priority service then would she get her UK partner visa in 3 weeks?

And I could just show new rental agreement of June/July plus 6 months payslips, employer letter and bank statements plus my indian passport and UK ILR brp. Would that be sufficient?

Not sure if it's better to delay the visa etc until India is no longer on the covid19 travel red list to avoid her and my return quarantine (£1750*2).

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue May 25, 2021 1:22 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:45 pm
doesn’t matter as long as you have an adequate accommodation which can accommodate both of you.

To be clear, I need to have a valid rent agreement as accommodation proof, doesn't matter if it starts same month as her application for visa? Do not need to show past accommodation status for 6 months or so

fizzyaltab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by fizzyaltab » Tue May 25, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi All

Newbie here...

Can someone please confirm if I apply now and the visa is granted.

Does my Spouse need to travel within 28days or 90 days to the UK? How many days are they allowing for travel to the UK within?

thanks
Fizzy

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue May 25, 2021 1:52 pm

AjPS wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 pm

And I could just show new rental agreement of June/July plus 6 months payslips, employer letter and bank statements plus my indian passport and UK ILR brp. Would that be sufficient?
You will need a whole lot more than that.

TB test for the applicant
English language test results or NARIC certificates
Evidence of your relationship from its start

spring to mind.

Do a search for Spouse Visa Documents List and you will find some examples. Just be aware that everyone's list is slightly different since everyone's circumstances are different.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue May 25, 2021 2:12 pm

ALKB wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:52 pm

spring to mind.

Do a search for Spouse Visa Documents List and you will find some examples. Just be aware that everyone's list is slightly different since everyone's circumstances are different.
TB Test and IELTS etc are fine, thanks!

Questions:
1) What proof do we need to submit for "Evidence of your relationship from its start"?
2) accommodation: can I relocate within UK from shared stay to my own rented flat and submit new rental agreement only (eg, apply in end of June with a rental agreement that starts June 1)? Or do they want last 6 months accommodation proof too, like bank statements/payslips?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 26, 2021 2:08 am

AjPS wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:12 pm
ALKB wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:52 pm

spring to mind.

TB Test and IELTS etc are fine, thanks!

Questions:
1) What proof do we need to submit for "Evidence of your relationship from its start"? Relationship evidence like communication logs e.g. chats, call logs, emails, photos together, gift or money exchange, tickets showing visitations to each other, hotel or Airbnb records etc
2) accommodation: can I relocate within UK from shared stay to my own rented flat and submit new rental agreement only (eg, apply in end of June with a rental agreement that starts June 1)?
Yes you can
Or do they want last 6 months accommodation proof too, like bank statements/payslips? No previous 6months accommodation records not a requirement.
AjPS wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 am
thanks, I'll ask my employer for a letter confirming my name, ILR details and job title, salary, etc.

and for accommodation proof, then I believe I can submit a new rent agreement only, e.g., if we apply in July 2021, the rent agreement will have a start date of early June. is that ok? no problem

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Wed May 26, 2021 4:54 am

Awesome thanks

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 am

Do I as the husband need to be in India to submit my original passport, ILR brp, rent agreement, employer letter, bank statements and payslips or can my wife applying as a Partner for family visa (as my spouse) submit copies of my documents with her originals?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 29, 2021 3:29 am

AjPS wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 am
Do I as the husband need to be in India to submit my original passport, ILR brp, rent agreement, employer letter, bank statements and payslips or can my wife applying as a Partner for family visa (as my spouse) submit copies of my documents with her originals?
No, remember that all documents are scanned, uuploaded and submitted online. You in UK can scan and upload said documents from here or scan and send to wife electronically to upload. And for your wife only her original passport is required to be submitted during biometrics.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 am

thanks, how much time is it currently taking for spouse visa processing? from day of submission to wife getting the passport back with visa?

would priority application ensure its done in 1-2 weeks?
I thought currently it was taking 3 weeks or so but some people here mentioned 3-6 months of delays!!!

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Would be good to know recent timelines of applying online, docs uploaded and decision made in weeks/months for general and priority spousal visa applications.

I am Indian with UK ILR and am looking to apply for my Indian wife's UK spouse visa for her to join me and find work in UK?
Guess she cannot start looking at jobs either without the visa granted?

I had read general spouse visa applications were taken 3-4 weeks and priority ones 1 week but apparently lately people have reported 3-6 months delays??? :(
@CR001 @AmazonianX @ALKB @TODMATT @Casa thanks

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:09 pm

AjPS wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 pm
Would be good to know recent timelines of applying online, docs uploaded and decision made in weeks/months for general and priority spousal visa applications.

I am Indian with UK ILR and am looking to apply for my Indian wife's UK spouse visa for her to join me and find work in UK?

I had read general spouse visa applications were taken 3-4 weeks and priority ones 1 week but apparently lately people have reported 3-6 months delays??? :(
Where did you read that?

Pre-Covid, the service standard was 'aiming to process within 60 working days' but that was more of a ballpark figure as every application is different and 6 months was not uncommon. Nowadays with the pandemic in the mix, I wouldn't hold my breath.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:47 pm

Ok, and no priority service to accelerate this?

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:33 am

TODMATT wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:45 pm
AjPS wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:56 pm
Thanks.

Also:

Yes letter from employer is a MUST and doesn’t matter as long as you have an adequate accommodation which can accommodate both of you.

Thanks but given I was working remotely while back in India I opted to forego the accommodation to save on rent and moved my belongings to a friend's place for storage. I can find and get a new place to rent now but do they go and check how long I have lived in the new place already and if someone needs to be there and my belongings need to be present there? I am happy to rent and pay for staying without actually being there for now.

I am in India and still have UK ILR but have let go of my rented accommodation to save rent costs. Can rent a new place and have agreement and pay for it while my stuff stays in storage and am here abroad. If that will be sufficient? Won't have anyone there to confirm though in case HO visits the flat.

Also, does the spouse visa have a priority service to ensure my wife gets it in 3 weeks and not 3-6 months?

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:14 pm

ALKB wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:09 pm
AjPS wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Thanks.
(1) is there no priority visa service (maybe via VFSglobal Delhi) to accelerate the delays for spouse visa (same as family visa?)? I have UK ILR since 2019.
(2) I was renting in UK (2010-21). but left that as I came home (abroad), to save on rent. My last UK rent was in Jan. 2021. Can I still apply for wife's "family visa" or will I need to show backdated accommodation proof? I can easily find a new place to rent (via SpareRoom or primelocation) before we apply for her and show a new rent agreement (and update that address on my bank and work docs)? https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse does not mention anything about address, only marriage, financial and english requirements.
(3) Can I stay here in India and apply for her? or should I return to UK alone first, find a new place and stay there in case HO comes to check address? and she applies online and joins me when all is done??? [I do not wish to return now while India is on covid19 red list as my employer won't pay hotel quarantine].
(4) lastly, can she otherwise come with me on a tourist/visitor visa and maybe after a few months we switch her to family visa?
(5) she is employed here. guess best is for her not to leave this job till her visa is granted? will lead to her serving her notice period so would waste 1-2 months of uk visa but better this than leaving job too early?