ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Emergency Travel

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Someone (presently on student visa) needs to travel abroad to see her father who is seriously ill . She intends to go this weekend for 2 weeks. Her visa is valid until end of November 08.

Would she have any problem while returning back to UK?

Has anyone been in similar sort of situation? How was the experience with Immigration Officer while returning back to Heathrow?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Any advice?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:08 pm

On one of my trips I had just a month left on my LTR. The IO at Heathrow (Terminal 3) reminded me this and queried when have I planned to apply for FLR? I told her "in the next day or two.." and then she let me in.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:01 pm

If she is a genuine student and is abiding by the rules she should have no problem re-entering.