ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from student visa and priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered
Turkey

Switching from student visa and priority service

Post by 020820 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:04 am

Hello,

My sister-in-law who is on a Student visa for more than 6 months will be switching to Spouse visa. We've been told that she can apply for it from inside the UK. Is that correct? Also can she use a priority service for a decision? They've just gotten married so haven't had a chance to live together to acquire joint account letters. Would that be a problem?
TIA!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from student visa and priority service

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:08 am

We've been told that she can apply for it from inside the UK. Is that correct?
Yes.
Also can she use a priority service for a decision?
Yes, if available.
They've just gotten married so haven't had a chance to live together to acquire joint account letters. Would that be a problem?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 020820 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:37 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:08 am
We've been told that she can apply for it from inside the UK. Is that correct?
Yes.
Also can she use a priority service for a decision?
Yes, if available.
They've just gotten married so haven't had a chance to live together to acquire joint account letters. Would that be a problem?
No.
Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated as always. We've got few more questions, I'll just ask and if you or someone else answers, that'd be great.

She's doing masters at the moment but won't have finished her degree by the time they apply for spouse visa. Will she need to meet the English requirement another way or will her ongoing degree suffice?

When I applied for Spouse visa in 2015, we added proof of accommodation including how many bedrooms there are in the house so we're not overcrowding etc. I can't seem to find that requirement anywhere. Is it not asked anymore?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 am

She's doing masters at the moment but won't have finished her degree by the time they apply for spouse visa. Will she need to meet the English requirement another way or will her ongoing degree suffice?
If she does not complete her degree, she has to do the A1 English test as a minimum. A degree can only be used if the course is completed.
When I applied for Spouse visa in 2015, we added proof of accommodation including how many bedrooms there are in the house so we're not overcrowding etc. I can't seem to find that requirement anywhere. Is it not asked anymore?
Presumably you applied outside the UK. The requirements are therefore slightly different. No harm in submitting evidence of accommodation.

Just checking they got officially married at the Registry office after given notice and getting Home Office approval??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 020820 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 am

Just checking they got officially married at the Registry office after given notice and getting Home Office approval??
They officially got married in Turkey with family and friends and hold an international marriage certificate. They've returned to UK since then and potentially will be living separately during the last few months of her studies as my brother in law lives and works in another city.

Thank you so much for all the help!

Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 020820 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 am
Presumably you applied outside the UK. The requirements are therefore slightly different. No harm in submitting evidence of accommodation.
Yes I did. It was 7 years ago.