ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply EU Business visa while Naturalization application is on going

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ved123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Can I apply EU Business visa while Naturalization application is on going

Post by ved123 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi Friends,

Can you please shed some light on my current situation.

I been on ILR for 7 yrs and finally convinced myself to apply for British citizenship. I am planning to make an application for naturalization next week, however, I need to travel to Germany in October/November due to business reasons.
Here is my question - For me to travel to Europe, I need a business visa as I am INDIAN national. So, while my naturalization application is ongoing, can I apply for EU business visa? Will this have any impact on my naturalization application?

Appreciate your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply EU Business visa while Naturalization application is on going

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:07 pm

Yes you can.

Not it won't

The two applications have absolutely nothing to do with each other
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamoe

Re: Can I apply EU Business visa while Naturalization application is on going

Post by kamoe » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm

You won't be a British citizen until you attend the citizenship ceremony. And there is no "future British citizen" status that would distinguish you from any other Indian citizen. Therefore, while your application is in progress, you will be an Indian national only (assuming you do not currently have any other nationalities). There is no conflict there if you present yourself as Indian only.

You are also allowed to eave the UK while your application is in progress, and in that case you will of course travel in and out as an Indian national since you wouldn't be a British citizen yet.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.