ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Living with Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Covee

FLR M Living with Parents

Post by Covee » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:10 am

God Willing I'm going to be applying for spouse visa extension soon for my wife and I am the sponsor.
I am a British citizen.
We have 1 child who is a British citizen.
My wife arrived in the UK on 07 Sep 2020 and my wife's BRP/Visa is valid until 22 April 2023.
My aim is to submit documents by 03 April or 04 April (I will be on holiday for most of March so will submit on my return)
I will be the sponsor.

1. For proof of living together, we live with my parents and my wife and I don't have any council tax letters or bills in our name and our GP only sends texts and not letters. I don't have many official letters as most things are online now. All the tax and bills are in my parents name.
I live with my parents who own the house with a mortgage. We have been living here since my wife arrived in the UK. What evidence can I submit as proof that we live together and have a relationship?

2. Do I need to submit the marriage certificate which was submitted for the first spouse visa again?

3. Do we need to submit anything like photos of us together like we did for the 1st spouse visa?

4. Do I need to (or should I) submit any information/ID/evidence relating to our child (who is British)?

5. Also, I will be using cash savings to meet the financial requirement, I have had over £64k in my account (a high street uk bank) since July 2022. The source of funds are mostly my work savings and some savings I have transferred over from my wife's account from her salary in the UK. What will I need to submit for evidence for this?

6. How do I testify to the source of funds? Is there a form? Do I need something official/notarised from a lawyer? Or do I just save and upload something like a word document which says I confirm the source of these funds are from salary earnings, earned in the UK and saved by (Sponsor name) and (Applicant name)?

6. For English language requirement my wife did the IELTS Life Skills A2 (at British Council in Manchester) and passed in June 2022. Is the date ok? And I assume I just need to upload the pass certificate.

7. What Sponsor and Applicant ID documentation do we need to submit? and (I am the sponsor) I recently got a new passport do I need to also submit my old passport or only the new one?

8. Is there anything else I should upload for evidence?

9. How does booking the biometric appointment work? Do I book the appointment after I have submitted the application?

10. Can I start filling out the application online then save it and submit later? I am going on holiday 01 March and returning on 17 March, so I want to get a head start in completing stuff before I submit the application.

thanks for your help, I am sure I will have lots more questions when I am filling out the form,
I used an immigration advisor last time for the spouse visa as I did not want to make an accidental mistake on the form, but this time I will complete it myself , so all your help will be really valuable.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M Living with Parents

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:48 pm

Covee wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:10 am
God Willing I'm going to be applying for spouse visa extension soon for my wife and I am the sponsor.
I am a British citizen.
We have 1 child who is a British citizen.
My wife arrived in the UK on 07 Sep 2020 and my wife's BRP/Visa is valid until 22 April 2023.
My aim is to submit documents by 03 April or 04 April (I will be on holiday for most of March so will submit on my return)
I will be the sponsor.

1. For proof of living together, we live with my parents and my wife and I don't have any council tax letters or bills in our name and our GP only sends texts and not letters. I don't have many official letters as most things are online now. All the tax and bills are in my parents name.
I live with my parents who own the house with a mortgage. We have been living here since my wife arrived in the UK. What evidence can I submit as proof that we live together and have a relationship? As much as possible correspondence addressed to you both 6 or individually 12. Any online letter showing your address can be printed off too.

2. Do I need to submit the marriage certificate which was submitted for the first spouse visa again? No harm in submitting it

3. Do we need to submit anything like photos of us together like we did for the 1st spouse visa? No

4. Do I need to (or should I) submit any information/ID/evidence relating to our child (who is British)? Submit it, buttresses subsisting or progression of the relationship/marriage IMHO.

5. Also, I will be using cash savings to meet the financial requirement, I have had over £64k in my account (a high street uk bank) since July 2022. The source of funds are mostly my work savings and some savings I have transferred over from my wife's account from her salary in the UK. What will I need to submit for evidence for this? Account statements

6. How do I testify to the source of funds? Is there a form? Do I need something official/notarised from a lawyer? Or do I just save and upload something like a word document which says I confirm the source of these funds are from salary earnings, earned in the UK and saved by (Sponsor name) and (Applicant name)? There is no form, a simple declaration of source of income stating how you came about or accrued the funds will suffice.

6. For English language requirement my wife did the IELTS Life Skills A2 (at British Council in Manchester) and passed in June 2022. Is the date ok? And I assume I just need to upload the pass certificate. That will suffice, and if UER number input it.

7. What Sponsor and Applicant ID documentation do we need to submit? and (I am the sponsor) I recently got a new passport do I need to also submit my old passport or only the new one? Current passport will suffice.

8. Is there anything else I should upload for evidence?

9. How does booking the biometric appointment work? Do I book the appointment after I have submitted the application? Yes

10. Can I start filling out the application online then save it and submit later? I am going on holiday 01 March and returning on 17 March, so I want to get a head start in completing stuff before I submit the application. Yes you can start

thanks for your help, I am sure I will have lots more questions when I am filling out the form,
I used an immigration advisor last time for the spouse visa as I did not want to make an accidental mistake on the form, but this time I will complete it myself , so all your help will be really valuable.
This is something you can do by yourself and if any doubt ask questions here.

Covee

Post by Covee » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:06 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:48 pm
Covee wrote:
I live with my parents who own the house with a mortgage. We have been living here since my wife arrived in the UK. What evidence can I submit as proof that we live together and have a relationship? As much as possible correspondence addressed to you both 6 or individually 12. Any online letter showing your address can be printed off too.
Thanks, im looking through all the mail ive kept over the 2 years and will post a list of what I have later.

With regards to living with parent what evidence do i need to submit to show they own the house?

Is it same as last time with updated council tax bill, and mortgage statement with a letter from my parent to say we have been living there and can live continue to stay with them?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:09 pm

Covee wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:06 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Covee wrote:
Thanks, im looking through all the mail ive kept over the 2 years and will post a list of what I have later.

With regards to living with parent what evidence do i need to submit to show they own the house?

Is it same as last time with updated council tax bill, and mortgage statement with a letter from my parent to say we have been living there and can live continue to stay with them? Correct

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:06 am

AmazonianX wrote:

6. For English language requirement my wife did the IELTS Life Skills A2 (at British Council in Manchester) and passed in June 2022. Is the date ok? And I assume I just need to upload the pass certificate. That will suffice, and if UER number input it.
I've just checked the certificate, its IELTS Life Skills A2 Speaking and Listening.
Test is dated 04 June 2022.
I can't see anything on the certificate called 'UER' number , but it does have a UKVI number.

I just did a quick check on .gov site, it looks like each test provider has a different name for the SELT reference number (just to make this whole process even more easier for us (Not!!) )
After you pass the test, you will be given a SELT unique reference number which you must use when making your application. If you do not include your reference number, your application may be refused.

You will find your SELT unique reference number on your test result as:

‘UER’ for Trinity College London tests
‘UKVI number’ for IELTS SELT Consortium tests
‘Candidate URN’ for LanguageCert tests
‘SELT URN’ for Pearson tests
‘URN’ for PSI Skills for English tests
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:54 pm

Covee wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:06 am
AmazonianX wrote:

I've just checked the certificate, its IELTS Life Skills A2 Speaking and Listening.
Test is dated 04 June 2022.
I can't see anything on the certificate called 'UER' number , but it does have a UKVI number. Provide the UKVI number

I just did a quick check on .gov site, it looks like each test provider has a different name for the SELT reference number Correct(just to make this whole process even more easier for us (Not!!) )
After you pass the test, you will be given a SELT unique reference number which you must use when making your application. If you do not include your reference number, your application may be refused.

You will find your SELT unique reference number on your test result as:

‘UER’ for Trinity College London tests
‘UKVI number’ for IELTS SELT Consortium tests
‘Candidate URN’ for LanguageCert tests
‘SELT URN’ for Pearson tests
‘URN’ for PSI Skills for English tests
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

Covee

Post by Covee » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:01 am

When scanning bank statements to use for evidence as cohabitation, do i need to scan every page or can i just scan and upload the 1st page which has address and bank details on them?
most of the statements are 3 pages so will take a long time to do all

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:30 am

Covee wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:01 am
When scanning bank statements to use for evidence as cohabitation, do i need to scan every page or can i just scan and upload the 1st page which has address and bank details on them?
most of the statements are 3 pages so will take a long time to do all
Scan all pages or upload directly if it's online bank statements you get.

Covee

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 am

My wife is indian, and we have visited india in the 2 weeks before we will submit the FLR M application, we reside in the UK normally. Will she need to take and submit a TB test for the FLR M like we did for the first spouse visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 am

Will she need to take and submit a TB test for the FLR M like we did for the first spouse visa?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Covee

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:08 am

My wife spent around 2 months on holiday in her home country visiting her parents with our baby between 16 Jan 2023 and 26 March 2023

I joined them between 01 March 2023 and 16 March 2023 but had to me come back to due to work.

We had some issues with travel documents which meant we couldn't travel back together to the UK on 16 March 2023 as we originally planned.

Will this cause any issues as even though we are a married couple, we technically lived apart for 2 months while my wife was on her holiday?

We're back together at home in the UK now where we have been living together since she arrived in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:30 am

You are overthinking. There is no issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Covee

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:30 am
I disagree about overthinking, we all know how silly/illogical immigration rules can be in UK sometimes.... It doesn't help when so many people try and abuse the system and make it difficult for genuine people. But that is life.

Can somebody please share with me the latest link to the online FLR M application form, as I will try to start filling in the details.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:39 am

Covee wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:42 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:30 am
I disagree about overthinking, we all know how silly/illogical immigration rules can be in UK sometimes.... It doesn't help when so many people try and abuse the system and make it difficult for genuine people. But that is life.

Can somebody please share with me the latest link to the online FLR M application form, as I will try to start filling in the details.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes

Covee

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:07 am

When we did the first visa for my wife we submitted her passport as well as her home country national ID card,

do i need to submit the national ID card again this time?
Would it cause any issues if i submitted again?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:26 am

Covee wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:07 am
When we did the first visa for my wife we submitted her passport as well as her home country national ID card,

do i need to submit the national ID card again this time?
Would it cause any issues if i submitted again?
Presume by submit you mean uploaded?Not required to do so if you have not filledin the details in form. Just attend the biometrics appointment with her passport and appointment slip.

Covee

Post by Covee » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:22 pm

Im going to be relying on cash savings I've held in my account for the last 6 months (as the sponsor).
If I submit the application on around 20 April 2023, can my final bank statement be dated for March 2023?

or do I need to go to the bank and get a print out for April 2023 transactions up to the date of the application submission?

Currently I am going to include bank statements from
01 - 31 Oct 22
01 -30 Nov 22
01 - 31 Dec 22
01 -31 Jan 23
01 - 28 Feb 23
01 - 31 March 23

Will these bank statements be ok for me to submit as evidence of my savings if I'm submitting the FLR M application on 20 April 2023?

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:13 am

Alternatively can i go to the bank and get a print out of my transactions and have it stamped?
Do home office still accept bank stamped print outs for financial requirement for FLR M?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:01 am

Use account statements that is not older than 28dsys from application submission date. The balance in the account must not have fallen below the financial requirement at any point in the last 6months period to be used.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:04 am

Covee wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:13 am
Alternatively can i go to the bank and get a print out of my transactions and have it stamped? Yes you can though online printouts resembling what you will normally get by post is acceptable.
Do home office still accept bank stamped print outs for financial requirement for FLR M?
Not sure you will find it easy getting bank to stamp printouts. Some banks will give statements printed out from their machine already with electronic stamp or watermark and will decline chomping the pad.

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:04 am
Covee wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:13 am
Alternatively can i go to the bank and get a print out of my transactions and have it stamped? Yes you can though online printouts resembling what you will normally get by post is acceptable.
Not sure you will find it easy getting bank to stamp printouts. Some banks will give statements printed out from their machine already with electronic stamp or watermark and will decline chomping the pad.
I did fear that,

so should I order statements from Oct 22 to March 23 and submit those ?

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:15 am

deleted
Last edited by Covee on Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:16 am

How should I respond to this question?
My wife is on the standard partner spouse visa and is applying for FLR M,

I checked her BRP, Vignette and Decision letter and none of these things make mention to any of the responses on the list,

All they say is Partner (Standard) , Leave to Enter, Work Permitted , No Public Funds

How should I answer this question?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:24 am

Family - her leave to remain as a partner is on Family route
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:31 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:24 am
Family - her leave to remain as a partner is on Family route
I called UKVI helpline the person told me it is Indefinite Leave to Enter, and this does not sound correct at all.

What you have said sounds more appropriate, I have put Family for now as I fill in the online form.

Is there anybody with experience of successfully completing FLR M and getting the visa who can tell me what they put to clear the confusion?