ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form with consent from only 1 parent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrfrench
Newly Registered
France

MN1 Form with consent from only 1 parent

Post by mrfrench » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:47 pm

Hello,

My daughter is 17 and applying for British Citizenship via the "Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen" route.

She has been living with me (her dad) for the last 7 years and never spends any time with her mother. She also doesn't want her mother to be involved in this.

In the application, there is a section about Parent or Legal Guardian Details. Does her mother name have to be entered there or can we decide to not provide it?

On the MN1 form, there is a section which states:
"If only one parent has signed, please say why the other parent has not signed and provide supporting documents"

What kind of evidence would be acceptable?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: MN1 Form with consent from only 1 parent

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:31 pm

Are you legally separated or divorced from the mother? Is there a child custody agreement/court order? All of these can be submitted as proof of sole responsibility.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.