ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding applying for British Citizenship with an expired biometric card.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jadenong
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Query regarding applying for British Citizenship with an expired biometric card.

Post by jadenong » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:51 pm

Is it possible to apply for citizenship with an expired biometric card?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Query regarding applying for British Citizenship with an expired biometric card.

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm

Yes - the card is evidence of status - your ILR hasn't expired with the card - "indefinite".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jadenong
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Query regarding applying for British Citizenship with an expired biometric card.

Post by jadenong » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:03 am

Thank you for answering my previous question,

Is it possible to travel whilst applying for a citizenship and with a expired biometric card?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:07 am

jadenong wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:03 am

Is it possible to travel whilst applying for a citizenship and with a expired biometric card?
No. You need a valid brp card to be able to return to the UK, board a flight and enter the uk.

You are free to travel while a citizenship application is pending, provided your brp is valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:08 am

jadenong wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:03 am

If you're a visa required national, you won't be let on a plane to UK with expired BRP.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

jadenong
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by jadenong » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:15 pm

so would there be any point in renewing a expired brp card whilst applying for citizenship,
if i am to travel.
if it is even possble to apply for citizenship and renew the brp card at the same time?

thank you once again for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:21 pm

jadenong wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:15 pm
so would there be any point in renewing a expired brp card whilst applying for citizenship,
if i am to travel.
if it is even possble to apply for citizenship and renew the brp card at the same time?

thank you once again for your help.
Naturalisation is separate from / not an immigration application - until you become British your current status doesn't change.
Conceivably you could apply for a new card however from what I have read it could take a few months for the application.
You might be approved for citizenship before then.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.