ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport - req to send both passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skyebird
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

First adult passport - req to send both passports

Post by skyebird » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:16 am

Hi all,

I am applying for my first adult passport following naturalisation in January. I have 2x passports from my country of birth (normal passport + duplicate) as I have to travel frequently for work and simultaneously have visa applications in progress.

I am currently working in Europe and can't be without a passport for 10 weeks, so was intending to send my current main passport + my previous expired passport alongside my naturalisation certificate.

My question is, will I be rejected if I don't send my duplicate passport? All my details are the same (name etc) but I need this one to be able to work and travel.

I'm not totally sure how they'd know I had another passport, but keen to hear from anyone with experience.

Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First adult passport - req to send both passports

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:53 am

Could you confirm that you have effectively moved out of the UK to Europe and are applying from abroad? Or are you only very temporarily abroad?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skyebird
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: First adult passport - req to send both passports

Post by skyebird » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:53 am
Could you confirm that you have effectively moved out of the UK to Europe and are applying from abroad? Or are you only very temporarily abroad?
Hi CR001, thanks for your response.

I'm currently in between Europe and the UK very regularly, so I wouldn't say I've moved out permanently, but given the frequency of being away from the UK (and the length of trips e.g 2-3 months at a time) I don't even know when I'd be in the UK for more than a few weeks for certain.

I am currently in Europe but intend to return to the UK for a bit more than a week over the holidays, hence the desire to apply for my passport whilst in the country, but also the need for me to then be able to return abroad for work.

Any thoughts on keeping back my duplicate passport so I can travel?