ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ciitizenship for kid born in UK, with Main applicant becoming ILR on GTV

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanani2023
Newly Registered
India

UK ciitizenship for kid born in UK, with Main applicant becoming ILR on GTV

Post by sanani2023 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:00 am

Dear all,
I am currently on Global talent Visa. I will be finishing net three years (On "tier 2 " 2 years + "global talent" 1 year) by the end of this year (in December 2023).
I have recently a baby born in UK in January 2023. I am planning to apply for a UK citizenship for the baby at the end of this year once I recieve my ILR in UK, which i am expecting in a priority channel somewhere by end of November 2023 (as i can apply 28 days before my 3 years finishing).
Can I know how to start the process of UK citizenship to my baby and also regarding IHS surcharge, how to pay over?

best regards..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK ciitizenship for kid born in UK, with Main applicant becoming ILR on GTV

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:05 pm

You obviously need to wait till you ha e ILR before you can apply for the child. There is no ihs payable for citizenship.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

Are you aware you only get 3 months free nhs for a baby, after which you need to pay 150% of cost if you do not apply for rhe child's visa?

You cannot just pay ihs, you have to apply for a pbs deoddnet visa for the child to avoid nhs use charges.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanani2023
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanani2023 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:45 pm

Thank you for the information @CR001. Yes i am aware of NHS surcharge, but if the child is not planning to leave UK in this on year, still does the child need a Visa. Can we not register for the for Naturalisation by paying only IHS surcharge?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:04 pm

sanani2023 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:45 pm
Thank you for the information @CR001. Yes i am aware of NHS surcharge, but if the child is not planning to leave UK in this on year, still does the child need a Visa. Can we not register for the for Naturalisation by paying only IHS surcharge?
Your child does not need a Visa for travel purposes if the child is not planning to leave UK.

There is no IHS surcharge needed to be paid for Naturalisation either.

You can wait for your ILR before you do anything for your child.

However, as CR001 pointed out, that means that if you need to use medical services for your child, then you may have to pay for it (either to NHS or to a private doctor).

Alternatively, you can apply for a Visa for your child and pay the IHS surcharge, which will allow you to use NHS services at no cost for your child.

You cannot pay IHS surcharge without applying for a Visa also.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sanani2023
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanani2023 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:04 am

@ marcnath thanks for you kind reply. Sure I will look into the options soon.

sanani2023
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanani2023 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:15 pm

@CR001 and macarnath I have one question, when I am looking into IHS surcharge payment. https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start
They asked me for nationality of the baby , and the VISA type. I have included as Indian national by descent, and VISA type as PBS Global talent dependant.
After filling the details it directs me to the payment section.
Can I know I can pay without applying for PBS dependenat VISA as there is not restriction on it or I have to make PBS dependant VISA and then pay surcharge?

Your help is much appreciated
Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:17 pm

sanani2023 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Can I know I can pay without applying for PBS dependenat VISA as there is not restriction on it or I have to make PBS dependant VISA and then pay surcharge?
marcnath wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:04 pm
You cannot pay IHS surcharge without applying for a Visa also.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:14 pm

This confirms what both CR001 and marcnath have already said.
When you can start to use the NHS

You can start using the National Health Service (NHS) when both:

you’ve paid the healthcare surcharge (or are exempt from paying it)
your visa or immigration application is granted
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:55 pm

As the name itself suggests, the Immigration Health Surcharge is a surcharge, a charge over and above another charge or fee, in this case, the PBS Dependent application fees. You can't pay a surcharge on its own, without also meeting the requirements for the underlying charge/fee.

If you are that averse to paying the full fees and do not wish to apply for a PBS Dependent visa, get private health/medical insurance for the child and possibly you. It may be that the child's health insurance may require you to have their medical health insurance.

Conversely, that approach is only the matter of a year. So the pros and cons of that approach are for you to weigh up.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.