ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents extension while main applicant is ILR

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Dependents extension while main applicant is ILR

Post by IsmailBa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Hello,

I have seen similar posts but I am slightly in a different situation. I would be very grateful if you please advise.
I have recently received my ILR from the route of GTV--prior to this, I was on a skilled worker visa. I obtained ILR from 3 years route.
My wife has been a skilled worker dependent (about one year and a half). We are about to extend her visa and since I have switched my SWV twice, once to GTW and then to ILR, I have the following questions:

1) From the previous posts, we have understood that we need to extend her dependent skill worker. Is that correct?
2) For the type of my visa, should I choose GTV as there is no option for ILR?
3) What is the main applicant's UAN? Is the current ILR application UAN or TTV UAN?
4) In this case, COS will not be needed?
5) The extension period will be three years?
6) If 3 years extension will be completed, my wife will need a half year to meet 5 years requirement. So shall we apply in the same direction for another 3 years (while she will need only several months)?
7) I will have a British passport by that time. Will this change the situation?

Once again, thanks for your time.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependents extension while main applicant is ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:27 pm

1. Gtv pbs dependent not skilled worker dependent

2. Yes.

3. ILR

4. Not for gtv dependent no

5. Yes.

6. A 3 year extension yes, regardless of how little time she needs for ILR. This is stated in rhe immigration rules and there is no discretion to issued less than 3 years.

7. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:27 pm

2. Yes.

3. ILR

5. Yes.

6. A 3 year extension yes, regardless of how little time she needs for ILR. This is stated in rhe immigration rules and there is no discretion to issued less than 3 years.

7. No.
On point 6, if the extension is still pending while she becomes eligible for ILR (not very likely), you can vary her application to an ILR and possibly get a refund of the IHS. Dependant visa applications are normally quite fast but just in case.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:27 pm

2. Yes.

3. ILR

5. Yes.

7. No.
Thank you very much for your prompt response. All is clear except for the first part: my wife is currently on a dependent skilled worker visa. When we extend this, should we continue with the same route? From what you have written, we need to apply from a different route of GTV? I got confused because, in the previous posts, I think it was mentioned that the dependent will extend the same type of visa which in our case is a skilled worker visa.
I would be very grateful if you please clarify this. Please also send me the link to where I will make the application.

Many many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:14 pm

my wife is currently on a dependent skilled worker visa. When we extend this, should we continue with the same route? From what you have written, we need to apply from a different route of GTV?
She cannot apply for a Skilled Worker Dependent visa because that is not the last visa category you held. What you should have done, was apply for a GTV dependent visa BEFORE you applied for ILR.
I got confused because, in the previous posts, I think it was mentioned that the dependent will extend the same type of visa which in our case is a skilled worker visa.
ONLY if your LAST visa category was a Skilled Worker visa, which it was not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:14 pm
my wife is currently on a dependent skilled worker visa. When we extend this, should we continue with the same route? From what you have written, we need to apply from a different route of GTV?
She cannot apply for a Skilled Worker Dependent visa because that is not the last visa category you held. What you should have done, was apply for a GTV dependent visa BEFORE you applied for ILR.
I got confused because, in the previous posts, I think it was mentioned that the dependent will extend the same type of visa which in our case is a skilled worker visa.
ONLY if your LAST visa category was a Skilled Worker visa, which it was not.
Thank you. Yes, I should have applied for GTV before applying for ILR but I have not.
So still I will be able to extend her visa via GTV route?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:33 pm

Hopefully yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:33 pm
Hopefully yes
Thanks for the quick responses. As my situation is complicated, I would be grateful if you please keep this forum open so I can get more advice from you and share my experience with others.

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:33 pm
Hopefully yes
The following is the forum I read and I think the situation is similar. They got the extensions.

uk-global-talent-visas/pbs-dependents-v ... 27769.html

Do you see any differences?
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:58 pm

They applied almost at the same time while the ilr decision was still pending, so not exactly the same as your situation as you already have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:58 pm
They applied almost at the same time while the ilr decision was still pending, so not exactly the same as your situation as you already have ILR.
Thanks. I got a bit worried now! Have you seen any similar cases as ours-- the main applicant has switched visas twice once to a GTV and then to ILR while the dependent is still on the skilled worker? If so, do you know the outcome of their applications?

I have not found any information about this situation. Your advice would be very much appreciated.

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:58 pm
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for the extensions and I have proceeded until the payment of the health surcharge. Should I choose any expiry date to make it three years extension or I should put my GTV expiry date (one year) or 31/12/2024 as the expiry date of ILR? I initially entered the latest one (31/12/2024) and the amount would be for only two years. I think I have to start a new application with three years extension?

Thanks for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:11 pm

An expiry date 3 years in the future to pay 3 years IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:11 pm
An expiry date 3 years in the future to pay 3 years IHS.
We have made the application.
I will keep you posted about the outcome.

Thanks for your help.

IsmailBa
Newly Registered

Post by IsmailBa » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:41 pm

Update: My wife's application as a dependant of me on the Global Talent route has been successful.

I really appreciate your help.

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Post by krishna_nath » Sun May 14, 2023 8:34 am

hello, just to clarify - so you applied for 3 yrs extension ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:40 am

krishna_nath wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:34 am
hello, just to clarify - so you applied for 3 yrs extension ?
A PBS Dependent extension is ALWAYS for 3 years if the main PBS migrant has obtained ILR. This is clearly stated in the immigration rules and there is no discretion for a lesser period of the extension.

You were already specifically advised of this in your own topic in March.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/dependent-visa- ... l#p2109738
zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:04 am
You apply close to when your visa expiry only. You do not need to apply if you still have enough visa time left. The extension period is fixed so you get 3 years
Char (CR001 not Casa)