ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I count Business Visa period of ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChetanOjha

Can I count Business Visa period of ILR?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi Forumites,

I came to UK in August 2004 on Business Visa(C Visa). I worked in UK on business visa for 4 months and received Work Permit in January 2005.After which I am either on Work Permit or on HSMP.I am completing my 5 years in UK in August 2009.

My Question is:

1.Can I count 4 months of Business Visa towards my eligibitly for ILR?
If I count 4 months of Business visa, I will complete 5 years in UK in August 2009 and hence will be eligible for ILR.

Please advice.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Not if you are applying on the basis of Work Permit or HSMP or a combination of both. The minimum years of residence required is 5 years for any of the above - 5 years on a WP or a HSMP etc...

However, when applying for ILR after 10 years of legal stay, I believe stay on a visitors visa counts, as it still is legal stay.

Cheers.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Can I count Business Visa period of ILR?

Post by magsi23 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:06 pm

chetanojha wrote:Hi Forumites,

I came to UK in August 2004 on Business Visa(C Visa). I worked in UK on business visa for 4 months and received Work Permit in January 2005.After which I am either on Work Permit or on HSMP.I am completing my 5 years in UK in August 2009.

My Question is:

1.Can I count 4 months of Business Visa towards my eligibitly for ILR?
If I count 4 months of Business visa, I will complete 5 years in UK in August 2009 and hence will be eligible for ILR.

Please advice.

As gorajim said you can not, also if you got your workpermit approved in Jan 2005? when did you actualy get your FLR on your passport? if i am not wrong you can apply for ILR 28 days before the date on your FLR and not the date you got your WP letter.
Magsi