ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General VISA Extension and PR Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakesh33
Newly Registered

Tier-1 General VISA Extension and PR Extension

Post by rakesh33 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Dear All,

I got my HSMP visa on 06th September 2007 and have entered into the UK on 15th February 2008, due to my marriage and old company relieving date. So it got late to enter into the UK.

Now I’m going to apply for the extension of my HSMP VISA to Tier-1 General Extension VISA and has entered to UK after 5months of my HSMP Visa stamping during HSMP 2 years VISA (06-09-07 to 06-09-09) period,.

When I’m applying for Tier-1 General VISA extension and PR does will affect due to 5months or counter will gets reset.

Please advice me on these, as I'm applying for VISA extension by 5th August 2009.

Thanks in advance,
Rakesh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 General VISA Extension and PR Extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:20 am

rakesh33 wrote:Dear All,

I got my HSMP visa on 06th September 2007 and have entered into the UK on 15th February 2008, due to my marriage and old company relieving date. So it got late to enter into the UK.

Now I’m going to apply for the extension of my HSMP VISA to Tier-1 General Extension VISA and has entered to UK after 5months of my HSMP Visa stamping during HSMP 2 years VISA (06-09-07 to 06-09-09) period,.

When I’m applying for Tier-1 General VISA extension and PR does will affect due to 5months or counter will gets reset.

Please advice me on these, as I'm applying for VISA extension by 5th August 2009.

Thanks in advance,
Rakesh
You will find lotz of discussions on this ILR thingy if u search.. just to give the basics..

for ILR
In the total 5yrs u can be 225days out of the country
u can not be out of country for more than 90days in a year
you can not be out of country over 90days at a stretch unless it is a business trip..
more will be added by other exeprts.. hope this answers a part of ur query

ADDED LATER: Edited

Some of the different things I have read on forums include:
* Personal leave is counted separately from business leave. You should get your company to write a letter for all business travel days.
* The day you leave and the day you return are not counted, Weekends and public holidays are counted
* Weekends and public holidays are not counted, the day you leave is not counted, but the day you return is counted if it is a business day
* The limit is 180 days
* The limit is 225 days
* The limit is 235 days
* No absence can be for greater than 90 days

When I emailed the Home Office on this question, I got a reply about a month later that said:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Caseworkers will look at any absences in the UK throughout the 5 year qualification period to see if the continuous residence rule is broken. It is normally deemed to be broken by absences of more than 90 consecutive days. However, they can use their discretion if the reason for this absence related to business trips. Additionally, they can also look at the total number of days absence from the UK if this is deemed to be unreasonable.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

You can read the specific guidance at the above link.

Yours sincerely,

Miranda O'Neill
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

rakesh33
Newly Registered

Post by rakesh33 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Please let me know my case, regarding I got stamped HSMP VISA on 06th September 2007 and have entered into the UK on 15th February 2008 ie., 5months late,

Does will affect while applying for Tier-1 General VISA extension and PR extension.

Going forward how should I maintain all requirments for the VISA.

Kindly advice me.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:00 pm

rakesh33 wrote: Does will affect while applying for Tier-1 General VISA extension and PR extension.
Tier-1 General VISA extension - NO

PR extension. - YES

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Welcome to the group of people who have rushed to get Visa and then took time to plan thing and hence delayed by months (My sympathy for people whe genuinely had issue moving immediately).
What they don't realise is that they will DEFINATELY need to have 2nd extension and trust me when you in this country for 5 years you are soooo desperate to get this visa thing out of way!!! .... don't worry there are many people who are in same boat and might not realise for initial years but when they will get frustrated with extentions they will think back and wished they came immediately after visa or most importantly waited till they were sure they wanted to move. Many people think visa like a box of chocolates and want to grap before it finishes!

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Good comment. This should be put on noticeboard, so all new applicants can understand its impact.
pkumar wrote:Welcome to the group of people who have rushed to get Visa and then took time to plan thing and hence delayed by months (My sympathy for people whe genuinely had issue moving immediately).
What they don't realise is that they will DEFINATELY need to have 2nd extension and trust me when you in this country for 5 years you are soooo desperate to get this visa thing out of way!!! .... don't worry there are many people who are in same boat and might not realise for initial years but when they will get frustrated with extentions they will think back and wished they came immediately after visa or most importantly waited till they were sure they wanted to move. Many people think visa like a box of chocolates and want to grap before it finishes!

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Tier-1 General VISA Extension and PR Extension

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:56 am

180 days in 3 years ?

is business working days counted only or weekends as well ?

if its a business trip what documention should i provide to confirm it was a busienss trip ....

i just got extension so i am planing to start for ILR application and start collecting facta & Figures.

damian100
Newly Registered

Post by damian100 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Is it possible to get a 2nd extension for a Tier-1 General Visa?

Does the home office allow this? and would you simply fill in the extension form a second time?

Where can I find more information on this?

rsathish wrote:Good comment. This should be put on noticeboard, so all new applicants can understand its impact.
pkumar wrote:Welcome to the group of people who have rushed to get Visa and then took time to plan thing and hence delayed by months (My sympathy for people whe genuinely had issue moving immediately).

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:25 pm

damian100 wrote:Is it possible to get a 2nd extension for a Tier-1 General Visa?

Does the home office allow this? and would you simply fill in the extension form a second time?

Where can I find more information on this?
Yes you can get second extension. It would be same as the first extension.