ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sushil please answer....share capital for limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skomati

sushil please answer....share capital for limited company

Post by skomati » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

hi, i am the sole director , 100% share holder of my company.
i take dividends from business account 8 times..
so do i have to issue dividend voucher for every time ? or can i issue single dividend voucher by adding all the dividends ?

My accountant is saying to issue single voucher by adding all the dividends at the end of the year but i said it is wrong ..so i need confirmation from another accountant...

one more serious issue...
when i checked the comapnies house about my company information on share capital..it shows like below.....

Share Capital
Currency: GBP
Number of shares: 100
Aggregate nominal value of issued shares: 1
Share class: Ordinary
Shares Issued: 100
Amount paid: 1
Amount unpaid: 0
Total aggregate value of shares issued: 1
Prescribed particulars (of rights attached to shares):
Full Details of Shareholders
Shareholding1:
100 Ordinary Shares held
Name: xxxxxxx

so what does it mean? is all the 100 shares paid up? or just 1 share paid up?can unpaid share receive dividend?

while filling dividend vouchers, i am filling like the below

Interim Dividend of £80 paid per £1 ordinary share for the year-ended 30/NOV/2009 to shareholders registered on <payment date>.

As the companies house web site shows 100 shares held on my name and i am not considering wheather it is fully paid up or unpaid..

so numberof shares* dividend/share = 100*80= (£8000 netdividend)

is it correct? sushil please answer me...

durak
Newly Registered

Post by durak » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:55 am

This is what your accountant should be taking care for you. They should have a standard form they fill in for dividend vouchers.

skomati

Post by skomati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:02 am

gone through the ukba web site, it clearly states u need to submit seperate dividend vouchers...so i am going submit seperate dividend vouchers signed by the secretary...
and confirmation letter from the accountant for the earnings in tabular format like date credited...net div....gross div....tax credit....

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:14 pm

skomati wrote:gone through the ukba web site, it clearly states u need to submit seperate dividend vouchers...so i am going submit seperate dividend vouchers signed by the secretary...
and confirmation letter from the accountant for the earnings in tabular format like date credited...net div....gross div....tax credit....
Skomati,

Check the Accountant Letter template here. It should give you jump start.

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: sushil please answer....share capital for limited compan

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 am

skomati wrote:hi, i am the sole director , 100% share holder of my company.
i take dividends from business account 8 times..
so do i have to issue dividend voucher for every time ? or can i issue single dividend voucher by adding all the dividends ?

My accountant is saying to issue single voucher by adding all the dividends at the end of the year but i said it is wrong ..so i need confirmation from another accountant...

There are different ways. You can declare dividend once say £10,000 and then pay yourself in 5 instalments of £2000 each. In that way you can use only one dividend voucher. Instalments could be any date.

The second way is as you suggested. Every payment supported by a dividend voucher. In that case you will need minutes of all such resloution where dividend was declared.

I hope that is helpful.

Regards,

John

Post by John » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 am

It should be noted that a number of publicly-quoted companies issue a consolidated tax voucher just once per tax year, and they would not be doing that if HMRC were not happy with the practice.

So my conclusion is ..... this is a non-issue .... don't waste time worrying about it.
John

leehaddin
Newly Registered

Post by leehaddin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:21 am

skomati wrote:gone through the ukba web site, it clearly states u need to submit seperate dividend vouchers...so i am going submit seperate dividend vouchers signed by the secretary...
yes that site could be the as I seen till. Its really good explanation about dividend vouchers.