ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Refused need urgent help please!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nehagharge

Dependant Visa Refused need urgent help please!!!!!

Post by nehagharge » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi,

I have applied for HSMP extension under Tier 1 on 04/05/2010. Initially my visa was granted for 2 years, consecutively now for another three years.

I applied for my extension along with my wife, whom I got married recently in the month of March'10. The trouble is she was granted student visa which was valid from 15/04/2009 until 30/11/2010. We went back home for a religious marriage ceremony and somehow I was able to acquire marriage certificate. So, we returned and applied as in-country applicants. The case worker approved my application, but refused my wife's application stating that the 'Secretary of State is not satisfied that you have, or have been granted, leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as:

• the partner of a relevant points-based system migrant, or

• the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person with leave under another category of the Immigration Rules who has since been granted or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Tier 1 Migrant.

Therefore you do not satisfy the requirements of the Immigration rules for this category and it has been decided to refuse your application for application for leave to remain as a partner of a Tier 1 Migrant under paragraph 319 (C) of the Immigration rules as you do not meet the requirements at paragraph 319C(h).

You still have leave to remain as your current conditions continue to apply as a student until 30 November 2010.

And she is not entitled for the Right of appeal under section 82 of the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

I would request your advise on how shall I approach to obtain a dependent visa, shall I re-apply as in country applicant, as they have given an option to make a new application with fresh supporting documents, or would it be advisable to let her go back to India and obtain an entry clearance as dependant of Tier 1.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Dependant Visa Refused need urgent help please!!!!!

Post by aliq09 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 am

nehagharge wrote:Hi,

I have applied for HSMP extension under Tier 1 on 04/05/2010. Initially my visa was granted for 2 years, consecutively now for another three years.

I applied for my extension along with my wife, whom I got married recently in the month of March'10. The trouble is she was granted student visa which was valid from 15/04/2009 until 30/11/2010. We went back home for a religious marriage ceremony and somehow I was able to acquire marriage certificate. So, we returned and applied as in-country applicants. The case worker approved my application, but refused my wife's application stating that the 'Secretary of State is not satisfied that you have, or have been granted, leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as:

• the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner of a person with leave under another category of the Immigration Rules who has since been granted or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Tier 1 Migrant.

Therefore you do not satisfy the requirements of the Immigration rules for this category and it has been decided to refuse your application for application for leave to remain as a partner of a Tier 1 Migrant under paragraph 319 (C) of the Immigration rules as you do not meet the requirements at paragraph 319C(h).

You still have leave to remain as your current conditions continue to apply as a student until 30 November 2010.

And she is not entitled for the Right of appeal under section 82 of the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

I would request your advise on how shall I approach to obtain a dependent visa, shall I re-apply as in country applicant, as they have given an option to make a new application with fresh supporting documents, or would it be advisable to let her go back to India and obtain an entry clearance as dependant of Tier 1.

Hi ,

You have two ways to go for your case. In first place just go to your home country and apply for the visa of course while giving some time to your marriage . well! some time it is confusing for ECO to accept that earlier marriages are not scam but a true one . They are dealing with allot of cases like this so do not take it personal .

Second way , which is also the best way IMO , wait for her current visa to go off and once finished , apply for EC as dependent visa.

Can you list me down here what exactly you had submitted during your in country application .... May be there is some clue in your documents
Thanks

Ali

nehagharge

Post by nehagharge » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response, the documents which I have submitted are as follows:

Marriage Certificate from the Local issuing authority in India (Registrar of Marriages)
Marriage ceremony Photos including wedding invitation specifying the date, venue, and time.
College institution letter confirming enrollment dates and length of study including attendance as per required standards, and fee details.
Bank statement confirming maintenance of funds.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant Visa Refused need urgent help please!!!!!

Post by dima » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm

nehagharge wrote:Hi,

• the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner of a person with leave under another category of the Immigration Rules who has since been granted or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Tier 1 Migrant.

As per info goes.. T1 dependents can apply from their home country not as in- country applicant.She can apply for her T1 g dependent visa from her home country.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

push

Post by push » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Your dependant can not switch as an in-country applicant. He/she has to go back to his/her home country and apply as your dependant.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Yes, you cannot switch from student visa to Tier 1 dependent visa in country. You have to go back to home country. I am having same situation and my wife is going back for same soon.

I guess that was the major reason for your wife's visa refusal.

nehagharge

re..

Post by nehagharge » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi rohit,

Thx for ur reply..can u please advise me on the maintenance of funds for the dependant..