ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents-ILR, Child born in UK, which form to use for child?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gentlejuke

Parents-ILR, Child born in UK, which form to use for child?

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 am

Child born(UK) just before our ILR and he will not be an Indian until we register his Citizenship in Indian Consulate as per law.

I was thinking to register BC for child through MN1 under section 1(3), but MN1 guide says if Child is stateless, should apply through either S2 or S3.
But S2 or S3 form does not capture/ask for our ILR details and section 1(3) details.

Not sure what to do, so planning to apply Indian Citizenship/passport initially, later apply for MN1.

Can anyone share your thought please?

Thanks,

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 am

Child should use MN1 if eligible for section 1(3) registration, even if stateless.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks Jaj.

Can I just say 'NONE' in MN1 form? or leave blank.
Please suggest.

Thanks,

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:35 pm

your child is born Indian as you two were indian at that time. It is just matter of getting Indian passport.

rgds

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Thansk Rajesh, but my requirement is not Indian passport. I would like to registering baby BC using MN1. However baby is stateless as per Indian High Comission rules though parents are Indian nationals.

Can anyone suggest where could I see reference link that says Stateless Child is eligible to register under sec1(3).

Please suggest. I have plans to visit India I will have to finish all process soon for my baby. NCS also need more time for an appointment it seems. they said 6 weeks before v hv to apply for appointment :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:05 pm

You can use any NCS, not just the one in your council. They also have different charges so worth shopping around.

The HO is not concerned with the child current citizenship status (if any) as he is entitled to BC under 1(3) and the UK allows dual nationality.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:38 pm

I have booked an appointment with NCS on thursday this week.

Can someone guide me. Is this the form that I have to use to make a payment for MN1

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Yes.

NCS might use their own form which they will fill in during the appointment.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 pm

If you have got appointment after 6 weeks then my advice would be to cancel that appointment and send your form in special delivery post. Include one more special delivery post and request to send your original documents one they have check.
I used NCS for my daugther's form and I notice that it took around 10 days more than normal form which were sent in post to get open and uploaded in their system

Rest is upto you.

good luck

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm

I have NCS appointment today (Thursday).

Planning to pay fee by Check. Also thinking paying by 'Credit card' could be a better idea as it takes less time to process payment.

Does it make sense? if so, I will pay by Credit card.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 pm

MN1 form submitted in NCS today. She has just taken copies of my original documents and attached to form and provided with receipt. Not done any validation in application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Should be straight forward for child born in the UK prior to a parent being subsequently granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi - I am still waiting to receive my child MN1 certificate, applied on 18th Aug. Meanwhile I would like to check on requirements for British Passport.

1. Do we have to submit Original passports of parents?
We (parents) are on ILR.

Pls let me know

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:24 am

Hi I have applied MN1 for my kid on 18thAug and recieved Acknowledge on 30th Aug. we mooved to new address now, however our friend can collect letters from old address for me.

May I know do we have to sign while receiving this letter or do they just drop in our post box? Pls share otherwise I will have to findout the process of updating home office that I changed address.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:03 pm

gentlejuke wrote:1. Do we have to submit Original passports of parents?
No.
gentlejuke wrote: Hi I have applied MN1 for my kid on 18thAug and recieved Acknowledge on 30th Aug. we mooved to new address now, however our friend can collect letters from old address for me.

May I know do we have to sign while receiving this letter or do they just drop in our post box? Pls share otherwise I will have to findout the process of updating home office that I changed address.
Thanks
It's just a normal letter in the mail. Your documents could require signature depending on the envelope you provided if applied by post and not NCS.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Parents-ILR, Child-Nationality stateless, for BC MN1 or

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 pm

gentlejuke wrote:Child born(UK) just before our ILR and he will not be an Indian until we register his Citizenship in Indian Consulate as per law.

I was thinking to register BC for child through MN1 under section 1(3), but MN1 guide says if Child is stateless, should apply through either S2 or S3.
But S2 or S3 form does not capture/ask for our ILR details and section 1(3) details.

Not sure what to do, so planning to apply Indian Citizenship/passport initially, later apply for MN1.

Can anyone share your thought please?

Thanks,
You are stressing and misleading yourself up by not understanding what you are reading from different sources. Your child is an Indian citizen by birth. The requirement to register with Indian High comission is not an application for grant of Indian citizenship. Its merely an intimation of birth by parents to Indian authorities. This is to avoid possible claims in the future about people appearing from nowhere and asking for Indian passport. This procedure is not "registering child's Indian citizenship" as your have made up it to be in you mind. You should apply child's registeration on form MN1 and mention childs present citizenship as Indian.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:59 am

Hi,

Can you please let me know how can I track or know current status of MN1?

I have applied for MN1 in mid of Aug and waiting. Last week we moved to different flat, so if I apply for mail re-directs now.

Thanks,

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

gentlejuke wrote:Can you please let me know how can I track or know current status of MN1?
You cannot.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Good news is - BC Registration Certificate received.

I have called UKNationalityChecking service to update our new address. They have taken all required details to update their records. Immediately after 1hr, they called me back to update, it has been processed already and dispatched to old address through 2nd class postage.

I have collected the same in my previous address.

Thank you,

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi I am going to submit Passport application for my kid now.

As part of it, under section 5 - we have to fill 'Place of Issue' of registration certificate. BC that I have receivd doesn't have any details on the same, so I am gong to write as ' UK Home Office, Liverpool '

May I know is that would be fine?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:51 am

The certificate usually says "Home Office London" - is that section empty on your child certificate?
The main point for this question is to determine the country in which the certificate was issued.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:46 am

I extremely sorry its my mistake.. I have reviewed certificate again found 'Issued on direction of the secretar of State Home office London'... I was earlier looking for 'Place of Issue' from certificate and I can't find it.

Thank you..I will have to fill new applicaiton again now :( ...I already wrote 'Uk Home Office, Liverpool'

coolrock

Post by coolrock » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello there,

I am in a similar situation like you and I was pointed to this thread when I asked similar questions. The only difference in my case is I will be in ILR when I register my daughter using MN1 form and my wife will be in FLR.

I have not registered my daughter with High Commission of India\ got Indian passport yet as I am planning to register her as British citizen and apply for British passport.

I can see that you have successfully registered your child as British Citizen, and so thought you might assist me in the following questions. Please let me know what did you answer.

MN1 form:

1.3 - leave it Blank?
1.9 - Indian, even tho' she aint registered at High Commission of India\got passport.
1.36 - Date mother got ILR, what should I do, as my wife wont be in ILR, she will be in FLR.
2.1 - It says read page 8 of user guide, but that talks about A8 workers. So what do I say for date and place of First Arrival?
2.2 - I believe I can provide the current address my daughter is living?
3.1 - Do I tick Father, as my daughter is applying based on my ILR?
3.3 - Do I need to show all the holidays I have been on?
3.4 and 3.5 - Mother's details?

I was initially confused with Stateless situation so thought of going for S2 or S3 form, but i got informed that my daughter is Indian and I should use MN1 form and was provided this thread.

I understand that its lot of questions, any help would be appreciated, as I need to sort my daughter's passport before I go on holidays.

Thank you,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 pm

coolrock wrote: 1.3 - leave it Blank?
If the child doesn't have ILR, leave blank.
1.9 - Indian, even tho' she aint registered at High Commission of India\got passport.
Yes.
1.36 - Date mother got ILR, what should I do, as my wife wont be in ILR, she will be in FLR.
leave blank
2.1 - It says read page 8 of user guide, but that talks about A8 workers. So what do I say for date and place of First Arrival?
Just put "Born in the UK" or the child date of birth.
2.2 - I believe I can provide the current address my daughter is living?
Yes.
3.1 - Do I tick Father, as my daughter is applying based on my ILR?
3.3 - Do I need to show all the holidays I have been on?
3.4 and 3.5 - Mother's details?
Section 3 is not applicable for UK born children applying under 1(3). Just cross out the whole section.

coolrock

Post by coolrock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks for the response.

I am planning to register my daughter as soon as I get my ILR while my wife's FLR is still under process.

Do I require my wife's passport as well for registering my daughter or will my passport alone suffice? Please advice.