ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel whilst I apply for Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Can I travel whilst I apply for Citizenship?

Post by piggy20007 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I plan to apply for British Citizenship end of September. I have two questions I would like to ask.
1) When I submit my application (at the NCS), Can I travel outside the UK whilst waiting?
2) If I can travel, will the number of days travel outside UK after the date I apply count toward the 90 days policy?

By the end of next month, I will have spent about 80 days outside UK since I got my ILR last September. However, because I have to travel with work a lot, I would like to know if I apply for citizenship by end of next month (say Sept 30, for example), will my business trip after Sept 30 counts toward the 90 days rule?

Thank you very much,

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:21 pm

1. Yes.
2. No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by piggy20007 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:51 pm

Thank you.

winber

Post by winber » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 am

Keep in mind - you have to sign a Stat Dec confirming that you will not travel for 5 days after submitting the application at the NCS.