ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Re-issue in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

QuickSam
BANNED

Indian Passport Re-issue in UK

Post by QuickSam » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi,

I have read through other threads about the permanent address on the passport and am still unsure.

I got my passport when I was in college so it shows my college address on the passport. I am not sure while re-issuing the passport in UK should I put the college address in the 'Permanent Address' field on the re-issue form. Or should I put my actual permanent address?

There was a suggestion on one thread that I should put my UK address and supporting document but I am not sure if I can put this for my permanent address in India.

Please advise.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:49 am

You can have any address reflected in the passport (UK permanent / not-permanent address, Indian permanent / not-permanent address) that you wish - just that you'll have to provide documentary evidence for that address (utility bills, telephone bills, etc.) if the new address you want reflected in the passport is different from the one in your current passport.Entirely your choice!

If I were you, I would not have an address in the passport where I cannot be reached through to (directly or indirectly) - so retaining the "college address" in a new passport is something I would not recommend.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 pm

When I renewed my passport at Birmingham HCI in 2008, I gave my address at that time (I wasn't asked for any supporting documents) which I regret now as I moved from Birmingham later that year. Now its permanently on my passport until I get a new one and I can't use the passport as a proof of address. I would recommend adding an address in which you are likely to be for a good number of years.

anilkmanu
Newly Registered

Post by anilkmanu » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Could someone please clarify what qualifies as proof of address if I chnage my permament address on the passport

Indian License?
Voters ID? (but my last name is misspelt)
Bank statement?

Thank You!

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:39 am

I used my NRI bank statement issued and stamped from the India branch as proof when I got my passport re-issued.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 pm

AFAIK, you can only have UK address in your passport, if you have ILR stamp in your passport, for all other short validity resident permits like, T1G, WP etc. they will only put indian address in your passport.
this is according to email response to my query to HCI london.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 pm

See also Passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:28 pm

nnj10 wrote:AFAIK, you can only have UK address in your passport, if you have ILR stamp in your passport, for all other short validity resident permits like, T1G, WP etc. they will only put indian address in your passport.
this is according to email response to my query to HCI london.
I can only say from my personal experience, when I renewed my passport in CGI, Birmingham whilst I was on a WP, they added the permanent address at the back as my UK address. It might have been a mistake since I did not give any proof etc. I thought it would be too much of a hassle to get it changed so I didn't bother.