ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gtv Dependent question

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baimonss
Newly Registered

Gtv Dependent question

Post by baimonss » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:12 am

Hello All

I have been on a Global Talent visa in the UK for two years.
My family is on a Global talent-dependent visa. My question is, if my son wants to study in any university in the UK, will he be considered an International or UK home student, and do we get the same fee structure for home students?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Gtv Dependent question

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 am

1. Please do not tag your unrelated questions to other members ILR topics.

2. Your son will pay international fees. He likely also will not qualify for student finance and will have to fund the studies himself or you will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baimonss
Newly Registered

Post by baimonss » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:48 am

Apologies

Thank you for your quick response
I will be eligible for ILR next year _ if my son gets his ILR, then he will be considered a UK student right?

Many Thanks,Ibrahim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:07 pm

Yes but depends when your son gets ilr. There are very specific requirements to be met for home fees.

Presumably you and your dependents will have 5 years on gtv Dependent visas to apply for ilr?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.