ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Post Reply
yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

PBS dependents visa extension

Post by yfaheem » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:23 am

Dear team, Good morning!

I am on GTV since Feb 2022 after switching from T2 (June 2019). My family is on PBS dependent (skilled worker) visa until mid june 2022.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR by 8th May 2022. But I have some questions and seek your kind help:

1) Can I add my dependents in the ILR application to extend their visa?
2) Should I apply alone and wait until my decision?
3) any other item you feel mandatory?

Thank you so much for your time and advice.

Regards
Yaser

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82076
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependents visa extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:29 am

1. No, you cannot add them to your application. they have to apply separately on the PBS Dependent form for an extension.

2. You can. Note that if your ILR fails, their extension application is also likely to fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension

Post by yfaheem » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:29 am
1. No, you cannot add them to your application. they have to apply separately on the PBS Dependent form for an extension.

2. You can. Note that if your ILR fails, their extension application is also likely to fail.
Thank you CR.
I suppose that I get the priority route to apply for my ILR (by 08th May 22) and get decision before my family visa expire (16 june 22). If not

Can I apply for my dependents visa extension or switch after submitting my ILR application?

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension

Post by yfaheem » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:58 pm

yfaheem wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:26 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:29 am
1. No, you cannot add them to your application. they have to apply separately on the PBS Dependent form for an extension.

2. You can. Note that if your ILR fails, their extension application is also likely to fail.
Thank you CR.
I suppose that I get the priority route to apply for my ILR (by 08th May 22) and get decision before my family visa expire (16 june 22). If not

Can I apply for my dependents visa extension or switch after submitting my ILR application?
Dear CR, zimba, please spare some time to my query as above. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:44 pm

Dear forum team,

I switched from skilled worker to GTV in Feb 2022 and plan to apply for ILR in May 2022. My dependents are still on PBS dependent skilled worker visa until mid June 2022. I have a question.

Assuming I get the ILR, how I can extend my dependents visa beyond June ?
I couldn't find information/link on GOV UK, if you can share I will appreciate. Thank you.


Regards
Yaser

ywlgy
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:08 am

Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk
Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

You have two options depending on how many years they need to reach 5 year ILR requirement:
1. Apply now or before your ILR decision to extend based on your GTV and get an extension until GTV expiry.
2. Apply after you submit your ILR application to extend for 3 years by quoting your ILR application's UAN, their applications will be decided after your ILR decision. If ILR succeeds, 3y extension, otherwise same as in option 1.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:33 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:08 am
Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk
Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

You have two options depending on how many years they need to reach 5 year ILR requirement:
1. Apply now or before your ILR decision to extend based on your GTV and get an extension until GTV expiry.
2. Apply after you submit your ILR application to extend for 3 years by quoting your ILR application's UAN, their applications will be decided after your ILR decision. If ILR succeeds, 3y extension, otherwise same as in option 1.
Thanks ywlgy. Assuming I go for 2.
Can the dependent children be included in the partner extension form?
OR dependent children apply separately?

ywlgy
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:11 pm

Fill out the partner's form to see if it can be included. If not, fill out a separate one.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:18 am

ywlgy wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:08 am
Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk
Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

You have two options depending on how many years they need to reach 5 year ILR requirement:
1. Apply now or before your ILR decision to extend based on your GTV and get an extension until GTV expiry.
2. Apply after you submit your ILR application to extend for 3 years by quoting your ILR application's UAN, their applications will be decided after your ILR decision. If ILR succeeds, 3y extension, otherwise same as in option 1.
@ywlgy thank you for your kind reply.
for 2, As you mentioned dependents ext application will be decided after getting my ILR decision, Even if my application processing exceeds my dependents current visa validity? Just asking to make sure they don't slip into overstaying?
I appreciate your expert opinion on that. Thank you.

ywlgy
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:32 pm

If you submit the application before current visa expiry, the current visa will be extended until a decision is made on the application.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Fri May 06, 2022 9:23 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:08 am
Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk
Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

You have two options depending on how many years they need to reach 5 year ILR requirement:
1. Apply now or before your ILR decision to extend based on your GTV and get an extension until GTV expiry.
2. Apply after you submit your ILR application to extend for 3 years by quoting your ILR application's UAN, their applications will be decided after your ILR decision. If ILR succeeds, 3y extension, otherwise same as in option 1.
Dear ywlgy and senior forum members,
I have submitted my application for ILR online and booked appointment on 16th May. As per 2 above, can I also submit application now for my dependents visa ext. by quoting my UAN for ILR application? OR

After I attend my appointment?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

ywlgy
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pm

You can submit now. Apart from quoting your ILR's UAN, include a cover letter to explain you want a 3 year extension as ILR's dependant. Also make sure you pay 3y IHS for dependants.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Sat May 07, 2022 8:50 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pm
You can submit now. Apart from quoting your ILR's UAN, include a cover letter to explain you want a 3 year extension as ILR's dependant. Also make sure you pay 3y IHS for dependants.
Thank you for replying. I will do a cover letter.

While filling the PBS extension application on behalf of my family, in the current immigration status field of the sponsor (myself), no option for ILR, but GTV exists.
As my GTV is until feb 2023, I am unsure if my dependents will be asked pay for 3 yr IHS or 1yr ? Please help how they could go for 3yrs ext option? Thanks.

ywlgy
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Sat May 07, 2022 9:44 pm

yfaheem wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:50 pm
ywlgy wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pm
You can submit now. Apart from quoting your ILR's UAN, include a cover letter to explain you want a 3 year extension as ILR's dependant. Also make sure you pay 3y IHS for dependants.
Thank you for replying. I will do a cover letter.

While filling the PBS extension application on behalf of my family, in the current immigration status field of the sponsor (myself), no option for ILR, but GTV exists. Choose GTV
As my GTV is until feb 2023, I am unsure if my dependents will be asked pay for 3 yr IHS or 1yr ? Please help how they could go for 3yrs ext option? Thanks.The IHS payment webpage will ask for start and end date, put today as start and 3y later as end and then it will calculate as 3y
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Sun May 08, 2022 12:15 am

ywlgy wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:44 pm
yfaheem wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:50 pm
ywlgy wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pm
You can submit now. Apart from quoting your ILR's UAN, include a cover letter to explain you want a 3 year extension as ILR's dependant. Also make sure you pay 3y IHS for dependants.
Thank you for replying. I will do a cover letter.

While filling the PBS extension application on behalf of my family, in the current immigration status field of the sponsor (myself), no option for ILR, but GTV exists. Choose GTV
As my GTV is until feb 2023, I am unsure if my dependents will be asked pay for 3 yr IHS or 1yr ? Please help how they could go for 3yrs ext option? Thanks.The IHS payment webpage will ask for start and end date, put today as start and 3y later as end and then it will calculate as 3y
Thank you ywlgy.
On the IHS page before payment, section "You're joining or remaining with this person in the UK" It is asking for my visa type and expiry date.
My GTV is 1 yr, so how should I change to 3 years? If I do wont it make my their application false?

ywlgy
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by ywlgy » Sun May 08, 2022 11:30 am

Those dates are only used to calculate IHS payable.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Sun May 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Thanks. I expect the same.
I will go forward with 3yrs PBS (GTV) extension and keep this forum posted and help for others potential applicants. Thank you and all your team for make it easy for us. Regards

MorenoA
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:37 pm
Philippines

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by MorenoA » Thu May 19, 2022 1:08 am

yfaheem wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:33 pm
ywlgy wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:08 am
Partner: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk
Child: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

You have two options depending on how many years they need to reach 5 year ILR requirement:
1. Apply now or before your ILR decision to extend based on your GTV and get an extension until GTV expiry.
2. Apply after you submit your ILR application to extend for 3 years by quoting your ILR application's UAN, their applications will be decided after your ILR decision. If ILR succeeds, 3y extension, otherwise same as in option 1.
Thanks ywlgy. Assuming I go for 2.
Can the dependent children be included in the partner extension form?
OR dependent children apply separately?

@ywlgy did you apply your dependants separately? Or you included your child in your partner’s application? Thank you

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependents visa extension if main applicant on ILR

Post by yfaheem » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:48 pm

yfaheem wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:42 pm
Thanks. I expect the same.
I will go forward with 3yrs PBS (GTV) extension and keep this forum posted and help for others potential applicants. Thank you and all your team for make it easy for us. Regards
UPDATE: I got my ILR and my family visa extension on global talent dependents have also been extended for 3 yrs. Thanks ywlgy for guide.
I hope other potential applicants will also find useful information in this thread.

Post Reply
cron