ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switch from Tier 4 to GTV

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luma
Newly Registered
Iraq

switch from Tier 4 to GTV

Post by luma » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Dear all,

am switching from my current visa Tier 4 /dependent to GTV and i have many equations
1- how long do advice me to apply (3 ,4 or 4) my filed is chemical engineering
2- i have two children (under 18) one of them borned in the UK and the other one in iraq , do you recommand me to switch thier visa with me ? or keep them as tier 4 dependent and they will get the ILR once i obtined it after 3 years ?

3- my husband doing PhD with tier 4 visa do you recommand me to switch him with me as a dependent to GTV ?
4- will they going to rfund me the IHS that already paid for tier4 , which is supposed to be ended on end of 2026 ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: switch from Tier 4 to GTV

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:53 am

1. Your choice.

2. Your uk born child can apply to register as British once you have ILR. Your non UK born child will only get ILR when your spouse does. The child cannot apply for ILR when you do after 3 years gtv.

3. Yes, if you want to your non UK born child and spouse to get ILR after 5 years.

4. Probably not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.