ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using previous IHS number

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RowanDrive
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Using previous IHS number

Post by RowanDrive » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:50 pm

Hi all

I am currently on a skilled worker visa for which IHS is paid until July 2024. I am switching to GTV and applying for 1 year only (because that's what I need before I am eligible for ILR), i.e. expiry date is September 2023. Can I use my old IHS number since it covers that period? Or should I repay again and wait for a refund (apparently, you cannot claim or apply for refund, you just wait).

best regards
Hachem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Using previous IHS number

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:56 pm

Can I use my old IHS number since it covers that period?

No
Or should I repay again and wait for a refund (apparently, you cannot claim or apply for refund, you just wait).
Yes. You might get a refund, you might not. It can also take several weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RowanDrive
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by RowanDrive » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:09 pm

Thanks for the response.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:56 pm
Yes. You might get a refund, you might not. It can also take several weeks.
Strange that there is no clear guidance on that. At least none that I was able to find. Such thing should be stated clearly.

Do you know what will happen if I enter my old IHS? the application seem to continue without errors, but I assume they don't check it at that point.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:19 pm

The application form does not give you any option to enter any IHS numbers. It would automatically take you to the IHS payment page.

I recently got my visa updated, and had to pay IHS again. Because of double payment, you should be eligible for a refund.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:23 pm

RowanDrive wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:09 pm
Strange that there is no clear guidance on that. At least none that I was able to find. Such thing should be stated clearly.
Actually there is a statement explaining this on the UKVI webiste IHS refund:
You’ll get a full immigration health surcharge (IHS) refund if:

you paid twice
your visa application is refused
you withdraw your visa application

You’ll get a partial IHS refund if your visa application’s successful but:

you get less time on your visa than you asked for
any dependants on your visa application are refused
If you are due a full or partial refund for these reasons, you do not have to do anything to get it. It will be automatically paid to the account or card you paid with.
The underlined section applies to you. Bear in mind that this process is not immediate and can take several weeks, even more than the guidance suggests.