ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional documents (CV) required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarkCa

Additional documents (CV) required

Post by MarkCa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:15 pm

Hello,

My company is A rated sponsor and we sponsored 7 visas so far.

We have just applied for 8th visa (COS assigned and applicant made application in home country).

We went with priority visa and on second day received the following emil:

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Your qualifications and previous experience relevant to the job you have applied for.

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Did anyone have this happen before? It is obvious what they are requesting but for previous visas they never requested this and it was always a same job. Furthermore, job is not "risky or academic", it is restaurant chef.

Should I add some documents as sponsor (two of the current sponsored workers worked with this applicant prior to coming to the UK and both of them speak highly about him)?

I am assuming that if they wanted to reject him they would already, however I am not sure what they want to see from CV of a 46 year old chef that can impact the decision.

Please help. Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Additional documents (CV) required

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:26 pm

Could be a compliance requirement, could be a box that needs to be ticked, could be anything.

Provide what was requested.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:30 pm

Thank you, I have provided the requested documents.

Will they continue now to treat this application as priority?

I know that for ILR application when applying from the UK for additional documents request they delay the application (in case of super priority or priority), but I am not sure in this case from applying outside of the UK for skilled worker visa?

I am assuming that 5 working days timeline might be impacted, but will they still try to process it faster than regular application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:30 pm
Thank you, I have provided the requested documents.

Will they continue now to treat this application as priority?

I know that for ILR application when applying from the UK for additional documents request they delay the application (in case of super priority or priority), but I am not sure in this case from applying outside of the UK for skilled worker visa?

I am assuming that 5 working days timeline might be impacted, but will they still try to process it faster than regular application?
Can not give a clear answer to this, applicants have got response both fast and some slower after further documents were requested. No method to it.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi,

I sent all the documents (CV) to the email address I was given. Two days later, I received generic response that priority timeline basically isn't valid anymore.

Quote:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Now, I have two questions:

1. Does this mean that only priority option is not going to be applicable or that they will not be able to make a decision even in standard time frame (15 working days)?

2. I saw this thread regarding the subject line in the response (response with documents is to a different email to the one they send request from). This tread is locked so I can't post there.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/your-visa-appli ... 0vaf%20gwf

I responded with GWF number in subject line, and 2 days later I received response quoted above (regarding the timeline). Should I take their email with timeline as a confirmation that they received documents and added them to the application? I never received anything stating thank you for you documents, we have received them and added them to the application.

Thanks!

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:28 pm

Can anyone at least unlock this thread from my previous post so I can ask there?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:41 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:28 pm
Can anyone at least unlock this thread from my previous post so I can ask there?

Thanks
A topic from 2021 will not be unlocked just because you wish to post there. It is pijnt less digging up old threads where most members who are no longer active on the forum have previously posted
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:48 am

Thanks for responding :)

It wasn't just for me to post there, it was based on the fact that no one was responding here so I assumed that there isn't anyone at the moment (with a same situation) who would see this/respond and that some members from the thread they contributed to might get notifications once I post.

Anyway. luckily we received positive news yesterday, his visa was approved.

In case anyone has similar situation in advance, we responded to email just with gwf reference number in the subject line and it worked.