ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address, HO notification required or optional

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

Change of address, HO notification required or optional

Post by seyduna2017 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:56 pm

Dear members,

I have a Skilled worker visa and me and my wife (PBS dependent) have recently changed our address. Previously, I was required to update my police registration certificate but I did not know that we can also inform the Home Office via the link below. Previously I had changed address and did not notify HO about that and did not face any problem so far.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Can you please advise if we MUST notify HO every time we change address or is this just optional?

Secondly, should my partner use the link above seperately to notify HO or should I just add her name to my online form?

If you can advise, I appreciate

Best

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Change of address, HO notification required or optional

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:34 pm

seyduna2017 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:56 pm
Dear members,

I have a Skilled worker visa and me and my wife (PBS dependent) have recently changed our address. Previously, I was required to update my police registration certificate but I did not know that we can also inform the Home Office via the link below. Previously I had changed address and did not notify HO about that and did not face any problem so far.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Can you please advise if we MUST notify HO every time we change address or is this just optional?

Secondly, should my partner use the link above seperately to notify HO or should I just add her name to my online form?

Best
The update I will say is optional.

A quick check on the page highlighted below gives an hint to this.

These changes may take slightly longer due to increased demand and the current COVID situation.
If you are a migrant living in the UK or your application was made in the UK, you can use this form to:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:21 pm

As a sponsored skilled worker visa holder, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your employer AND the home office have your correct and current address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by seyduna2017 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:21 pm
As a sponsored skilled worker visa holder, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your employer AND the home office have your correct and current address.
Thanks but as AmazonianX pointed out above, it does not sound like this is mandatory like police registration.

Can you also please advise how my partner (PBS dependant) can update her address with the provided link? When I update my information, it asks me about dependants. On the other hand, should she go to this link separately and fill the form or just me doing this enough?