ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employers on Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Switching Employers on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:03 pm

Hi Team, I would need some clarity on few of the bits which i am going through in regards to UK Visas.

I am currently on a skilled worker visa with Employer A. I have been offered a better job suiting my aspirations with Employer B who are ready to provide sponsorship as well. They have asked me to join after 4 months.

My idea is to get the CoS with right start dates, file an application and get the BRP, then resign the company A - Which should suit me as it is only 2-4 weeks' notice.

However my question is, if for whatever reason the decision on the application from Employer B is negative [though i suppose this would not be the case] - Will it have any impact to continue my work with Employer A as if nothing has happened.

Appreciate all the help and pointers.

Thank you,
Avinash

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Re: Switching Employers on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:36 am

Any help on my question, pls?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:54 am

They have asked me to join after 4 months.

My idea is to get the CoS with right start dates, file an application and get the BRP, then resign the company A - Which should suit me as it is only 2-4 weeks' notice.
A CoS is only valid for 3 months. Plan accordingly as you will not be able to apply early etc. Your plan is fine.
However my question is, if for whatever reason the decision on the application from Employer B is negative [though i suppose this would not be the case] - Will it have any impact to continue my work with Employer A as if nothing has happened.
Nothing happens to your current visa!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:13 pm

Thank you CR001. Appreciate the help.