ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 child dependants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bilalhassan148
Pakistan

Tier2 child dependants

Post by Bilalhassan148 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:20 pm

Hello Experts,

Admin, please approve this ASAP.

I was on a Tier4 dependant visa and then switched to a Tier2 visa back in 2019. During the Tier2 application, I applied only for my wife as a dependant but not for my
2 years old son. HO sent me a letter to find out if I have any child dependant and if yes why are you not applying for him?

I responded back via post with my son's documents and stated that I am not planning for my only son because I am planning for any international travel in near future.

Now on my Tier2 extension, I applied again on super priority service and never applied for my son and daughter.

I am planning to apply for them now because I am planning to visit my home country with family so the questions are,

Do I need to pay the IHS since they were born?
My ILR is due next year in December so should I wait until then?
My son would be 7 years old next year in June so should I apply for his passport before my ILR?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards:)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 child dependants

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:32 pm

You apply and pay only for the application you are making for the children. Have they had periods of no valid visa in the UK? Your post is not very clear.
Unclear from your post where the children are and what their full visa history is.
My son would be 7 years old next year in June so should I apply for his passport before my ILR?
What passport are you referring to exactly?? A child born abroad needs ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bilalhassan148
Pakistan

Post by Bilalhassan148 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:32 pm
You apply and pay only for the application you are making for the children. Have they had periods of no valid visa in the UK? Your post is not very clear.

I have never applied for their visa since they born in the UK.
Unclear from your post where the children are and what their full visa history is.

Children are in the UK and they born here and never travelled internationally hence never applied visa for them. I am on Tier2 skilled worker visa where my 5 years will be completed in Dec 2024.
What passport are you referring to exactly?? A child born abroad needs ILR.
My son born here in the UK and obviously I was referring to British passport.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:48 pm

I have never applied for their visa since they born in the UK.
How old are they? You do realise that they are NOT entitle to free NHS use and you should be paying for them.
Children are in the UK and they born here and never travelled internationally hence never applied visa for them. I am on Tier2 skilled worker visa where my 5 years will be completed in Dec 2024.
You can register them as British once you get ILR, however please note that without a valid visa, the children are NOT entitled to free NHS service.
My son born here in the UK and obviously I was referring to British passport.
Your son is not British so doesn't qualify to apply for a passport. Only British citizens can apply for a British passport. You have to register the child as British first on form MN1 once EITHER parent gets ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.