ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Renewal - time to receive BRP after decision

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rmac44
Newly Registered
Canada

Visa Renewal - time to receive BRP after decision

Post by rmac44 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:26 pm

I am renewing my Skilled Worker visa (I'm currently on a Tier 2 visa, and I understand this category has been retired and replaced by Skilled Worker). I have my UKVCAS Biometric appointment on September 29th at 9am, and I have paid for the Super Priority service to get a decision within a day because I have a need to travel abroad on October 5th. I realise that even if I get a decision by September 30 (which I should given Super Priority service), I will still need to wait to receive my new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) in the mail. My question is:

1) In others' experience, how many days does it take to receive your BRP once a decision has been made?
2) Is there any way to escalate or speed this up if you have an impending travel date?

Thanks in advance for any insights :)

rmac44
Newly Registered
Canada

UKVCAS Document Upload requirements for passports

Post by rmac44 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:32 pm

I have an upcoming UKVCAS Biometric appointment as part of my Skilled Worker visa renewal. I have uploaded my documents, including the picture page of my passport. I read on the UKCEN forum that 'All passport pages should be scanned, even if there are no stamps or visas on them.' I was under the impression that just the picture page of my passport was required to be uploaded, but I'm now concerned that this won't be sufficient. I will call UKVCAS and seek an answer from their helpline, but I wanted to see whether others could confirm for me as well.