ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Innovator Visa changing?

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gantamk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Is Innovator Visa changing?

Post by gantamk » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:44 am

Hello All,

I heard the Innovator visa Visa is changing. I want to apply for an innovator visa, below is what I have.

1) maintaining >50K in a bank account for more than 4 months.
2) building an MVP and creating a business plan based on ideas related to "Cloud technologies", which is related to my background. And I have strong faith in its innovative nature.

Would you recommend I wait for the "new innovator visa" changes? Should I take risk (considering a lot rejections) of approaching an endorsement body, and applying for the visa if I get an endorsement?

Appreciate any advice on this.

Best regards
MK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is Innovator Visa changing?

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:01 am

I heard the Innovator visa Visa is changing.
Where did you hear this?
1) maintaining >50K in a bank account for more than 4 months.
You simply need the funds and must evidence where you got the funds from. This is separate to the maintenance funds you need to show proof of that has been held for 28 days.
2) building an MVP and creating a business plan based on ideas related to "Cloud technologies", which is related to my background. And I have strong faith in its innovative nature.
Is your idea innovative enough and how is it different to what is already on the market?
you want to set up and run an innovative business in the UK - it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market
Getting endorsement does not guarantee a successful visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Is Innovator Visa changing?

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:25 am

gantamk wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:44 am
I heard the Innovator visa Visa is changing.
Yes, UKVI has written to endorsing bodies to advise that the Start-up route is being combined with the Innovator route in the next month or so. The only specific change mentioned for the new combined route is that the £50,000 investment funds will no longer be required for the Investor route. How it will work exactly both for endorsing bodies and for applicants is not yet known.

There's no public source of this that I can link to other than UKCISA's brief note below, but it is not a secret. I'm sure there will be a Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules soon, and new guidance for endorsing bodies.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6610
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.