ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investing money outside UK?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Investing money outside UK?

Post by pokekap07 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:59 am

Hi there,
My UK-registered business requires me to invest money outside the UK (I manufacture my clothing line abroad so I am constantly sending money to another country).

Can this sill be counted as an investment or does all the money have to be invested in the UK?

Thanks!

seasky
BANNED

Re: Investing money outside UK?

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm

As far as I recall there is no limitation on what a business does with its investment (excpet investment in property and used for own salary). See below. Just be careful there is no concern by CW that you are doing an intentional circular investment back to yourself and that you are doing a proportional use of funds in the UK

Business activity
Points will only be awarded for your business if it is a UK business
A business will only be considered to be a UK business if you provide the specified evidence to show all of the following:
a. It is trading within the UK economy
b. It has its registered office in the UK, or, in the case of multinational companies with an overseas registered office, its Head Office in the UK, except where you are registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self employed and do not have a business office,
c. It has a UK Bank account
d. It is subject to UK taxation