Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
1. Yesaxe wrote: ↑Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 pmHello all,
I am a T1E migrant who started my own company and registered as a director a few months ago in order to fulfill the T1E requirement. I spent some of the money which was invested in my company for the company setup. However, there is no business income so far. Recently, I have sought for another opportunity to invest into a well established company. May I seek your advice about the following questions:
1. If I invest into another company and register as a director of that company at this moment (more than six months after I had got the BRP), can this investment also be counted as part of the GBP200K investment fund for T1E?
2. Can I close my original company & fully engage in the new company, or I need to keep it even with no trading activities until the whole T1E journey has ended (i.e. after VISA extension & settlement)?
Thank you very much in advance!
No, that would not count as investment.1. Is there any restriction on the use of my invested fund? For example, can the company use my invested money to buy customers (i.e. goodwill) from other business in order to grow the customer base?
I have a slightly different interpretation from CR001 because I believe that the answer to this depends on the exact nature of the transaction.axe wrote: ↑Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:41 pmHello all,
I have other questions about investing into an existing Business.
1. Is there any restriction on the use of my invested fund? For example, can the company use my invested money to buy customers (i.e. goodwill) from other business in order to grow the customer base?
That question is confusing. The previous capital should have no impact. The accounts you submit should clearly show your investment as specified in the guidance.axe wrote: ↑Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:41 pm
2. The accounting documents of that company will contain both the original capital owned by that company before my investment and my new invested money. Is special treatment required for these accounting documents which will be submitted to HO for visa extension application?