ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wonderer7
Newly Registered

Job Creation question

Post by wonderer7 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:29 am

Hello all.

I had a question regarding the job creation criteria which the guidance is not really clear about.
I have created 2 jobs job A and job B. For job A I have a person that has worked for full time for months so no issues here. For Job B, it has existed for 12 months but the first two months I had two employees C and D working part-time and combined they exceed the 30 hours per week. Employee D continued from month 3 onwards as full time.

My question is, is it fine to combine employee C and D for the first 2 months of that job and count them as 2 months of full time in addition to the 10 months that employee D worked?

Simply put, can I combine part-time hours for the same job? The guidance does not say anything about combining for the same job but says that I cannot combine from different jobs if they have not existed for 12 months each.

I appreciate your help as always.

Thanks in advance!

marcnath

Re: Job Creation question

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:05 am

wonderer7 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:29 am
Hello all.

I had a question regarding the job creation criteria which the guidance is not really clear about.
I have created 2 jobs job A and job B. For job A I have a person that has worked for full time for months so no issues here. For Job B, it has existed for 12 months but the first two months I had two employees C and D working part-time and combined they exceed the 30 hours per week. Employee D continued from month 3 onwards as full time.

My question is, is it fine to combine employee C and D for the first 2 months of that job and count them as 2 months of full time in addition to the 10 months that employee D worked?

Simply put, can I combine part-time hours for the same job? The guidance does not say anything about combining for the same job but says that I cannot combine from different jobs if they have not existed for 12 months each.

I appreciate your help as always.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you should be able to combine them.

You are right in that it is not specifically mentioned. But that is the key - it does not mention that two (or more employees) cannot be used for the same job.

It is important that you include both employees in the same Job when you fill in the job table
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

wonderer7
Newly Registered

Post by wonderer7 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:40 pm

Thank you for your prompt response marcnath, much appreciated.

I had another question if it is not too much trouble.

In my last extension I relied on the rule of the furloughed employees counting towards the 12 months job creation. is that considered getting the extension under covid concession? If so does that mean I will have to create 4 full time jobs for 12 months or 2 jobs for 24 months?

it's worth noting I did not apply to get a temporary extension for covid related reasons but I did say that the business was impacted by covid and that I will rely on the furlough rule.

Thanks again for your help!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:08 pm

wonderer7 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:40 pm
Thank you for your prompt response marcnath, much appreciated.

I had another question if it is not too much trouble.

In my last extension I relied on the rule of the furloughed employees counting towards the 12 months job creation. is that considered getting the extension under covid concession? If so does that mean I will have to create 4 full time jobs for 12 months or 2 jobs for 24 months?

it's worth noting I did not apply to get a temporary extension for covid related reasons but I did say that the business was impacted by covid and that I will rely on the furlough rule.

Thanks again for your help!
My interpretation of the exceptions is that the additional job creation is only applicable if you did not create two jobs of 12 months each in the first place.
You should not need to create the additional jobs.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

wonderer7
Newly Registered

Post by wonderer7 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:17 pm

Thanks for the reply marcnath!