ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching part time job to full time within the 12 months period

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Innovation10
Newly Registered

Pre-settlement Status of EEA employees

Post by Innovation10 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello Senior members,

Please can employee with the new EU pre-settlement status under Brexit be classed as a settled worker in light of Entrepreneur Visa extension? My EEA employee came to the UK less than 5 years ago; hence, can only apply for the pre-settlement status. Is it possible to count the same employee’s working hours towards my Entrepreneur Visa extension that is due in April 2020?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Pre-settlement Status of EEA employees

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:22 am

All EEA citizens are considered settled from Tier 1E rules perspective at the moment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Innovation10
Newly Registered

Re: Pre-settlement Status of EEA employees

Post by Innovation10 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:35 am

Thank you Zimba

Innovation10
Newly Registered

Switching part time job to full time within the 12 months period

Post by Innovation10 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:10 am

Hello all,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I have searched the forum with no direct answer.

I am aware the Guidance prescribe 2 part time jobs can be combined for 1 job creation but they have to be for at least 12 months. In my case, I have had 2 part time workers for the same role from July 2018 till 1 March 2019 (8 months in total). One of the part time workers is now on Maternity Leave and the other has left the business. I have then employed another full time worker for the same role since March 2019. Please can I combine the part time and the full time employment from March 2019 towards my 12 months job creation?

Looking forward to your response. Thank you

marcnath

Re: Switching part time job to full time within the 12 months period

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:06 pm

Innovation10 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:10 am
Hello all,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I have searched the forum with no direct answer.

I am aware the Guidance prescribe 2 part time jobs can be combined for 1 job creation but they have to be for at least 12 months. In my case, I have had 2 part time workers for the same role from July 2018 till 1 March 2019 (8 months in total). One of the part time workers is now on Maternity Leave and the other has left the business. I have then employed another full time worker for the same role since March 2019. Please can I combine the part time and the full time employment from March 2019 towards my 12 months job creation?

Looking forward to your response. Thank you
It depends.

Were the two part time employees doing the same job or different jobs?

If they were doing the same job, you could combine. Otherwise no.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.