ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR status post switch to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kashkns
Newly Registered

ILR status post switch to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Post by kashkns » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am

Hi
Can you please help in determining what happens to the ILR clock post these events?
  1. If I switch from Tier 2 General Partner visa to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa, will my ILR reset?
  2. If I switch from Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Exception Talent Partner visa, will my ILR reset?
Basically if a family is on Tier 2 General (main and partner), and the partner has an opportunity for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent (which frees both from being tied to a company), then what is the best way to retain their time put in for ILR?

Cheers,
Kashi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR status post switch to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:09 am

1. The clock resets for a PBS Dependent switching to Tier 1 ET. You cannot combine PBS Dependent route with main PBS visa holder route to make up the time for ILR.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kashkns
Newly Registered

Post by kashkns » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Thank you for the quick answer.
Is only the main applicant of a work visa allowed to apply for ILR?

In the second scenario for which you have responded that the ILR will not be reset, can the person on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Partner visa apply for ILR after he/she has completed a cumulative of 3 years combined (for e.g., 2 years on Tier 2 General and 1 year on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Partner)?

Cheers,
Kashi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Is only the main applicant of a work visa allowed to apply for ILR?
A PBS Dependent requires 5 years residence before they can apply for ILR.
In the second scenario for which you have responded that the ILR will not be reset, can the person on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Partner visa apply for ILR after he/she has completed a cumulative of 3 years combined (for e.g., 2 years on Tier 2 General and 1 year on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Partner)?
No. The 3 year concession is ONLY for the main PBS visa holder. PBS dependents need 5 years as a PBS Dependent before they can apply for ILR. You cannot combine Tier 2 main visa holder time with Tier 1 dependent visa to make up the time for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.