ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR with new born baby

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Applying ILR with new born baby

Post by imranrafeeq » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 General visa which is due for extension to ILR in Feburary 2016. We are expecting a baby in the first week of May 2015 and so my question is that do I need to get the new born baby's visa before applying for the ILR next year? I have been searching other blogs to find the relevant information but unable to get any particular to this nature. I have seen a post regarding ilr extion for nationality/passport but not tier 1 general to ILR specifically.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying ILR with new born baby

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:11 pm

If your goal is citizenship, once you obtained ILR you can register the baby as BC directly if baby is born in the UK and if you have mo immediate travel plans.

If you want the baby to just have ILR, you will need to apply for a Tier 1 dependent visa first once born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

The ultimate goal is the citizenship. Just to confirm that are you referring to MN1 Form ? if we chose to apply for his BC direclty after getting ILR.

Seconldy, if you apply for BC under this category for the new born then roughly how long it will take to get his british passport?

Lastly, If I can get your advise for my first child, He was born in uk in 2012 but once travelled outside(Pakistan) for a month or so. Would we need to apply his ILR with us or is there any category where we can apply his BC direcly. He is almost 2y6months now.

Thanks & Regards
Imran

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi imranrafeeq
child registration and passport process take a bit 2 month in total
yes u can skip ilr for ur uk born first child even he have tier1 dependet......I did same after my ilr I applied and got approved by registration and passport for my son...he had tier 1 dependent visa which was even expired at time of bc registration
bc registration for UK born child after parents ilr very straightforward and simple...no need any visa ...just birth certificate and parents passport and ilr visa. Copy

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,

Just one quick question regarding MN1 Form for my UK born children.

Does both parents has to have ILR for the kids to be applying for BC or if either of them has ILR would do the job?

Regards
Imran

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Either parent.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Either of the parents.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi,

I did applied for the ilr using Set(o) form for myself and my mife without including my first son in the application. Just received a letter from home office asking about him. The letter says.

" As the Home Office is dedicated to protecting the safeguard and interests of children, we therefore would ask that you now confirm the whereabouts of Mr Name Surname;Pakistan;Date of Birth as we have not received and application for leave to remain in line with your own.

Yours sincerely

Sheffield Development Team 5
UK Visas and Immigration"

Please advice. I did apply on 19th January 2016 and waiting for a response from them.

Regards
Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:16 am

What do you mean 'first son'?

How many children do you have and where were they each born (UK or abroad)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:33 am

Hi,
I have two sons, both born in UK. First born in 2012 and second one was born in 2015. My first son was included in the extension application which I made in 2013. But I was advised above That even if he was born in UK then you don't have to apply for his ilr as then I can get his bc directly once I get my ilr. And the home office is enquiring about the same child.

What I need to do now. Do I need to apply for him as well? If yes then how? Which form? Do I need to apply for my second child as well? Who was born in 2015?

Regards
Imran

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:51 am

(Both) UK born son(s) will be applying/entitled to register for British citizenships on Form(s) MN1 directly after you are granted ILR. That will be in line with protecting and safeguarding their interests.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:10 am

Reply to HO and advise that as your children were both born in the UK, you will be registering them as British under section 1(3) of the Nationality Act once you and your spouse obtain ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 am

Hi,

If you guys are solicitors then can I please get your contact details so that I can discuss this in person with you.

Regards
Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:13 am

CR001 wrote:Reply to HO and advise that as your children were both born in the UK, you will be registering them as British under section 1(3) of the Nationality Act once you and your spouse obtain ILR.
It is not an issue if you reply as above to HO. They do understand this and many people have had the same letter. You do not need a solicitor to deal with this. Just write to HO. They are only checking on why you have not included your son who had been included previously. Nothing will happen to you or your children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

imranrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by imranrafeeq » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks every body.

I got my ILR on 01/04/16. Surprisingly my application was approved 10-11 weeks. I posted my application on 19/01/2016 Tuesday and got one enquiry first dated on 12/03/2016. Replied back on 21/03/2016. cards issued on 29/03/2016 and received by post on 1st of April.

vin05
Newly Registered

Post by vin05 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Hello Imran

I received a similar letter from home office asking about my child who was born In UK. I did not apply for her ILR as I thought to apply for her nationality once we get ILR.

Can you please help with the letter which you wrote to Home office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:42 pm

vin05 wrote:Hello Imran

I received a similar letter from home office asking about my child who was born In UK. I did not apply for her ILR as I thought to apply for her nationality once we get ILR.

Can you please help with the letter which you wrote to Home office.
CR001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Reply to HO and advise that as your children were both born in the UK, you will be registering them as British under section 1(3) of the Nationality Act once you and your spouse obtain ILR.
It is not an issue if you reply as above to HO. They do understand this and many people have had the same letter. You do not need a solicitor to deal with this. Just write to HO. They are only checking on why you have not included your son who had been included previously. Nothing will happen to you or your children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)