ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BCA IGNOU degree for english language point

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justwant2know
Newly Registered

BCA IGNOU degree for english language point

Post by justwant2know » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi,

Point based calculator of ukba recognizes BCA degree from IGNOU. Can I show to claim for English language point ?

My highest degree is MCA and the university is recognized on ukba point based calculator. I also have a certificate from university which says that MCA was taught in english but I came to know that we are supposed to show only bachelor degree medium of education not PG. Please clarify if someone has similar case .

Thanks a lot.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:34 pm

If point based calculator is accepting your degree and also giving you points for English language with the same degree than you will be fine.

aishu10
Newly Registered

Re: BCA IGNOU degree for english language point

Post by aishu10 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 am

Hi, I just wanted to know how you got your Medium of Instruction letter from IGNOU. I am a student of IGNOU too. I do not know where to get the certificate from. Is it from the regional centre or from main University Delhi?

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi

Do we need to show Bachelors Degree for English Language or Masters Degree ?

Also can you confirm on how where you able to see points for BCA from IGNOU, as I was looking on the point based calculator and not able to see.
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:38 pm

justwant2know wrote:Hi,

Point based calculator of ukba recognizes BCA degree from IGNOU. Can I show to claim for English language point ?

My highest degree is MCA and the university is recognized on ukba point based calculator. I also have a certificate from university which says that MCA was taught in english but I came to know that we are supposed to show only bachelor degree medium of education not PG. Please clarify if someone has similar case .

Thanks a lot.

Hi

Please let me know whether you got the english letter from Regional centre or from Delhi.
Also let us know what documenst you provided for your english language assessment

Thanks

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:41 pm

mr_pankaj wrote:Hi

Also can you confirm on how where you able to see points for BCA from IGNOU, as I was looking on the point based calculator and not able to see.
Hi Pankaj

In the PBS calculator select state as Delhi and Qualification as 'Professional Bachelors degree', you will see the points.

And if possible please let me know if you got any English Taught letter from the Regional centre.

Thanks

anick16
Newly Registered

Post by anick16 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Can you please help me how did you get the English language letter from IGNOU, if you managed to? I don't see any forms/means other than the official transcript request but, that is not clearly mentioned if that will work as certificate of of medium of instruction. Any help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:07 am

anick16 wrote:

Can you please help me how did you get the English language letter from IGNOU, if you managed to? I don't see any forms/means other than the official transcript request but, that is not clearly mentioned if that will work as certificate of of medium of instruction. Any help will be much appreciated.
This topic is from 2011, kindly refrain from digging up old topics. Start your own topic in the sub forum based on what your are applying for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.