ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion over which visa to apply next after expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pbs dependent
Newly Registered

Confusion over which visa to apply next after expiry

Post by pbs dependent » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:26 pm

I first came to UK on a dependent visa with husband working in UK on Tier 1 general visa.After staying for about 9 months on that visa in UK I applied for a pbs dependent extension and husband applied for ILR and both of us got our respective visas,now that my husband is a naturalised British citizen and my 3 year pbs dependent extension is about to expire early 2017 which visa I should apply next to extend my stay in UK,I cannot apply for ILR as I will be completing just 4 years and not 5 years as I will have to consider the 5 year rule as I entered UK in 2013 so as per new rules I am not being able to apply for ILR and I cannot carry on with a pbs dependent status as my husband is now a British citizen so I become a spouse of British citizen now and not a dependent of a person with tier 1 visa.WIll I have to apply for an FLR(m) visa now in early 2017.If yes then I ll have to prepare for life in UK test and English language test therefore just want an advice as to which visa I ll have to apply next?
Please help.

vinny

Re: Confusion over which visa to apply next after expiry

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:35 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pbs dependent
Newly Registered

Post by pbs dependent » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Dear Vinny Thank u so much for the reply but can I extend the pbs dependent visa as I heard that this category will no longer be available and secondly can I apply extension as a pbs dependent even if my husband is a British citizen now???
Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:33 pm

pbs dependent wrote:Dear Vinny Thank u so much for the reply but can I extend the pbs dependent visa as I heard that this category will no longer be available and secondly can I apply extension as a pbs dependent even if my husband is a British citizen now???
Please help.
Yes, it is still available and yes, you can extend PBS Dep even if your husband is British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pbs dependent
Newly Registered

Post by pbs dependent » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:41 am

Dear CR001,
Thank u so much for the reply and clearing my confusion.