ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant extension of a British Citizen with Tier 1 route

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FKoli
Newly Registered

Dependant extension of a British Citizen with Tier 1 route

Post by FKoli » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi,

I am a new member here and I have couple of questions.

My wife came to UK on December 2013 as a 'Dependant of Tier 1' and her visa expire on August 2014.

I received my ILR on July 2014 after completing 5 years of stay as a 'Tier 1 migrant'. My wife applied for her extension as a 'Dependant of Tier 1' after I was granted ILR and received 3 years leave on August 2014 as a 'Dependant of Tier 1''.

1) My wife's current leave expire next month and she needs another extension to complete her five years for ILR. I am currently a British citizen. So should my wife apply as 'Dependant of Tier 1' or 'Dependant of a British Citizen' for her extension?

2) I would like to provide my 90 days bank statement as a proof of £630 maintenance fund as my wife have had about £500 in her account during this time. However, there were couple of weeks (first 2 weeks of June) in these 90 days when the balance in my bank account went below £630. But if I combine the money I had in my account in those 2 weeks with the money my wife had in her bank account during the same time then it meets the criteria of £630 available funds. Can my wife submit both mine and her bank statements for 90 days as an evidence of £630 available for maintenance?

3) I have got 2 children with my wife and both of them are British citizen as they were born after I got my ILR. Should I provide the copy of their passports and birth certificates for them to consider the application in case they decide to refuse the application on the ground of not having enough fund for 90 days?

4) Is there any template for cover letter in the forum that I can get and customise for my wife's application?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Regards,
Fkoli

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant extension of a British Citizen with Tier 1 rou

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:27 pm

1) My wife's current leave expire next month and she needs another extension to complete her five years for ILR. I am currently a British citizen. So should my wife apply as 'Dependant of Tier 1' or 'Dependant of a British Citizen' for her extension?
Tier 1 General dependent extension, which will be granted for 3 years. She will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £600 plus the visa fee. Applying for 'dependent of BC' will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas).
2) I would like to provide my 90 days bank statement as a proof of £630 maintenance fund as my wife have had about £500 in her account during this time. However, there were couple of weeks (first 2 weeks of June) in these 90 days when the balance in my bank account went below £630. But if I combine the money I had in my account in those 2 weeks with the money my wife had in her bank account during the same time then it meets the criteria of £630 available funds. Can my wife submit both mine and her bank statements for 90 days as an evidence of £630 available for maintenance?
You can use both bank statements for maintenance.
3) I have got 2 children with my wife and both of them are British citizen as they were born after I got my ILR. Should I provide the copy of their passports and birth certificates for them to consider the application in case they decide to refuse the application on the ground of not having enough fund for 90 days?
You can yes.
4) Is there any template for cover letter in the forum that I can get and customise for my wife's application?
No there is no 'template' letter. A letter is not required as the form has all the details HO require.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FKoli
Newly Registered

Post by FKoli » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks CR001 for your very prompt response.

Could you kindly give me the link for applying as Dependant of Tier 1 as I am a bit confused with so many application forms.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FKoli
Newly Registered

Post by FKoli » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Is there a link where I can apply online and then print the form?

Regards,
Fkoli

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

FKoli
Newly Registered

Post by FKoli » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks again CR001

FKoli
Newly Registered

Post by FKoli » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi Cr001,

Following your advice, I went to the link you provided and filled-up the application form for my wife as 'Dependant of Tier 1'. But when I click on the link in the application to pay the immigration health surcharge of £600, it asks for the visa expiry date of 'The person you're joining or remaining with'. As I have stated before I am a British Citizen now and therefore there's no expiry date. So what should I do now as without giving an expiry date, it doesn't allow us to proceed.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:04 pm

She needs to apply alone, i.e. leave your details out, as far as I am aware. Or some members have stated there is an option to tick that the spouse is British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

FKoli
Newly Registered

Post by FKoli » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Thanks CR001