ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Falling short of 9 days.. what are my options... ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eclairs

ILR - Falling short of 9 days.. what are my options... ?

Post by eclairs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Hello,

Me and My wife are on our own Tier1 General visas, and have been living in the UK since 2010. I came to the UK in July 2010 and will be eligible for ILR in July this year.

However, my wife's case is a bit complicated. She got her Tier1 visa approved on 1st December 2010, and came to the UK on 27th December 2010(within the first 90 days).

However, due to some personal reasons, we had to apply for her 1st extension 5 weeks before the expiry date, and to our bad luck, the case worker granted extension from the application date rather than the visa expiry date.

Due to this, my wife is falling short of 9 days for her 5 years ILR eligibility. Before the 6th April 2015 restriction on Tier1 extensions, I was planning to do a postal application for Tier1 extension and change the category to ILR after a week or so, but, I don't have that option anymore as the Tier1 extensions option is only valid till 6th April.

1st visa granted on 01-Dec-2010
Entered UK on 27-Dec-2010
1st extension granted on 26-Oct-2012
Current visa expires on 25-Oct-2015

I don't know if I have any option other than applying for anohter extension to cover the 9 days shortfall. I would really appreciate senior members in this forum to advise me any possible solution to this.

Thanks very much in advance...!!

Sriv
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Falling short of 9 days.. what are my options... ?

Post by Sriv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi,

I am falling short of just 3 days for ILR which is due in June 2016. I recently applier for 2nd extension. I have sent my document via 'post. 2 week back I got a letter to attend interview. I am now waiting for interview date and location. Interviews are now common for Tier 1 General category it seems. I better ask you to go to premium service instead of waiting for letter.

You have no choice other than going for an extension. I spoke to a solicitor dnt take risk.

My dates are
First got visa from June 10, 2011 to June 10, 2013
Applied again on premium service May 9, 2013. Gave till May 9, 2016

2nd extension posted on 22nd Jan 2015. Still waiting for interview call.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks Sriv for your quick reply. I will surely consider going for a premium appointment as you suggested. Cheers.

Sriv wrote:Hi,

I am falling short of just 3 days for ILR which is due in June 2016. I recently applier for 2nd extension. I have sent my document via 'post. 2 week back I got a letter to attend interview. I am now waiting for interview date and location. Interviews are now common for Tier 1 General category it seems. I better ask you to go to premium service instead of waiting for letter.

You have no choice other than going for an extension. I spoke to a solicitor dnt take risk.

My dates are
First got visa from June 10, 2011 to June 10, 2013
Applied again on premium service May 9, 2013. Gave till May 9, 2016

2nd extension posted on 22nd Jan 2015. Still waiting for interview call.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 am

hi eclairs

i think you should be ok to apply ilr directly without apply second extention.09 days will lapse easily via post application.....and for your wife not necessary to complete 05 years.....as per old rules before july 2012 she just need to comlete 02 years as tier1 dependent for ilr visa.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:48 am

and also rules are changing for main applicant ........................dependent can apply for extention even after april.................u are absolutly ok if u go for ilr in july along with ur wife ..........no problem ..........

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:56 am

@eclairs,
Is ur wifes visa was dependent or tier 1 general visa ?

Regards,
Suresh

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 pm

haiksuresh wrote:@eclairs,
Is ur wifes visa was dependent or tier 1 general visa ?

Regards,
Suresh
Suresh,
My wife is on her own Tier1 General visa.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 pm

ALI97 wrote:and also rules are changing for main applicant ........................dependent can apply for extention even after april.................u are absolutly ok if u go for ilr in july along with ur wife ..........no problem ..........
Hi Ali97, sorry if my original post didn't make it clear... My wife is not a dependent on my visa, she has her own Tier1 General.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:24 pm

hi eclairs

that will not make any differnce 09 days gap is nothing ,,,,,,,,i recently got my ILR via tier 1 general route ....i have atleat three friends who have short about three months to complete thier visa of ilr approved without any problem.

case workers count days back from the date of thier decicion....and 09 days will easily lapse ....normaly home office send acknowlegements of applications in 09 days ,,,,and then biometric finger prints letter and then you will have 15 days for that as well ,,,,and ilr application process normaly take three and half months .

so dont waste money on extentions

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Consider paying by "cheque" instead of card.
It will add a few more days as funds need to clear before case worker start working on case.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I will consider the above mentioned options.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:54 am

I'm still a bit confused whether to go for the early ILR postal application with cheque payment as suggested here. Can anyone please confirm if the case worker will count my eligibility as on the day of case review or as on my application date which is obviously short of 9 days.

I red in some other forum that the case worker will count the 5 years period from the date of original Tier1 approval and the current Tier1 expiry date. In that case, I will definitely fall short of 9 days even with postal application..

Any suggestion from the senior members here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much....

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi eclairs
UK question was answered in detail...
By book ...or you can say by home office rules u will be short of 09 days

But 99 percent case worker count from date of decision. ...If u r very very very unlucky then may be up visa refused..
Extention require a lot of money.....I mean u apply ilr ....If refused u can reapply with en 28 days again.

I mean by applying ilr u will save extention money by sure.....
but if u go extention ....u will surely cost double choice is your

.......I told u in previous post my lot of close friends got ilr a proved ...They were short of 2 to 4 months.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:13 pm

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for the great advise. I had applied by postal application for the ILR with 9 days shortfall and received my approval letter in the post today. Thanks once again...!!

Awaiting for BRP now.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Congrats!
Cheers,
OR

shak47
Newly Registered

Post by shak47 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:02 pm

eclairs wrote:I would like to thank everyone in this forum for the great advise. I had applied by postal application for the ILR with 9 days shortfall and received my approval letter in the post today. Thanks once again...!!

Awaiting for BRP now.
Hi eclairs, Mine is similar to your case but with the deficit of 2 days. Could you please let me know how long before you have posted your application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:45 pm

shak47 wrote:Hi eclairs, Mine is similar to your case but with the deficit of 2 days. Could you please let me know how long before you have posted your application.
eclairs wrote:I would like to thank everyone in this forum for the great advise. I had applied by postal application for the ILR with 9 days shortfall and received my approval letter in the post today. Thanks once again...!!

Awaiting for BRP now.
Clearly with the 9 days short so likely on the second last or last day the visa was valid for.

Suggest post your own question in the ILR sub forum for advice rather than tag onto old posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shak47
Newly Registered

Post by shak47 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
shak47 wrote:Hi eclairs, Mine is similar to your case but with the deficit of 2 days. Could you please let me know how long before you have posted your application.

Awaiting for BRP now.
Clearly with the 9 days short so likely on the second last or last day the visa was valid for.

Suggest post your own question in the ILR sub forum for advice rather than tag onto old posts.
CR001-Thanks for your suggestion .
Shall post it as a separate question .