ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Visa refused and existing leave expired

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hinswe
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent Visa refused and existing leave expired

Post by hinswe » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

I applied in-time application for ILR of my child 4 year old as i had ILR but my wife did not due to some mis leading information on the UKBA web site.

here are the time line

Visa applied 19-Oct (postal)
Previous leave to remain expired on 10-Nov-2016
ILR visa refused on 13-Jan-2017

Applied a new visa ( Tier 1 - Dependent extension) on 25-Jan-17 via post
Application was delivered on 26-Jan-17
Biometric was done on 17-Feb-17

On 05-Mar-2017 i received a letter from HO saying that HO has retained the passport as i have not applied for the administrative review , letter is also mentioning in the bold that "However we are aware that you have now applied a new application" and "Your passport will be returned to you when you leave the UK or are granted leave on a new application"

I am bit worried now as i when i looked at the forums today i realized that the second application was made after more than 28 days of expiry of last leave , although i applied the first applied before the expiry of leave and leave was expired when my first application was in process and eventually rejected.

vinny

Re: PBS Dependent Visa refused and existing leave expired

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Should be okay, as wife applied within 14 days of overstaying, following refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hinswe
Newly Registered

Post by hinswe » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:58 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 am

On what basis did you get ILR, 5 years Tier 1 General or 10 years long residence?

What visa does your wife have?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.