ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on ILR via Tier 1 General and Depndnt visa. Pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vgopal2016
Newly Registered

Queries on ILR via Tier 1 General and Depndnt visa. Pls help

Post by vgopal2016 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:02 pm

Hello,
I currently have Tier 1 (General) visa which expires in August 2016. My wife joined me in UK in May 2014 under Tier 1 (General) dependent visa. Our daughter born in UK in Feb 2016.

I will be applying for ILR visa in August 2016 and I am planning to get Tier 1 (General) dependent visa extension to my wife as I don't want to reset her 5 years clock getting FLR (M).

My questions are:
1) I found that ILR via Tier 1 (general) route is closed after 6th April 2018. Does it affect my wife ILR application via Tier 1 General dependent route in May 2019? Will she be able to apply ILR in May 2019?

2) If I apply for Tier 1 (general) dependent visa extension for my wife, will she get extension for 2 years or 3 years? (The reason behind this question is - if she gets 2 years extension, I need to go for another extension before she becomes eligible for ILR. If 2 years I would prefer ILR dependent visa instead of Tier 1 general dependent visa resetting her clock. Please advise)

3) With my wife's Tier 1 general dependent application, I would like to apply FLR(M) visa application for my 6 months old (by then) UK born baby. Is it possible to make FLR(M) application just for the baby (I know the baby can stay in uk without visa if she is born here but we got plans to go outside UK after we get our visas)?

4) if baby (alone) can apply for FLR(M) application and if she gets FLR(M) visa for 2 years and 6 months. Baby's visa will expire in the end of 2018 before my wife becomes eligible to get ILR. Do I need to keep extending my baby's visa until my baby gets her British citizenship or she can stay in UK without visa (after FLR (M) expired) as she was born in UK?

Your answer will help me a lot. Please help.

Looking forward for reply. Thanking you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries on ILR via Tier 1 General and Depndnt visa. Pls

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:27 am

1. ILR for Tier 1 G closes for main applicants in 2018 not dependents.

2. Likely she will get 3 years.

3. No, child will have to apply for same visa as mother. Once you have ILR, you can register the baby as British Citizen. Why do you want to apply for a visa?

4) See #3 above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vgopal2016
Newly Registered

Post by vgopal2016 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:38 am

Hello CR001,
Thank you for your immediate response.

Thanks for the clarification on my questions 1 and 2.

Response to your third point regarding my baby's visa - I am going for Ilr in August 2016 and my wife will be going for her ilr in 2019. I assume I need to wait till I get my British citizenship in 2017 before I register my baby for British citizenship

I assume if the baby was born in UK during tier 1 General (and my wife being tier 1.gen dependent) I can register my baby for British citizenship either after both parents get Ilr or 2) after I get my citizenship in 2017.. please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Your assumption is incorrect.

You can register your UK born child for British citizenship as soon as you are granted ILR. You do not have to wait till you get citizenship or till your wife gets ILR.

A UK born child has an entitlement to register, cannot be refused, as soon as one parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.