ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying outside the UK for 6 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FKoli
Newly Registered

Staying outside the UK for 6 months

Post by FKoli » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi,

My wife came to this country on December 2013 as a dependent of mine (I had Tier 1 visa that time and has become a British citizen last year).

She went outside the UK for 2.5 months on January 2015.

She's planning to go outside the UK for 3 months starting from the beginning of next months.

She also intends to go outside the UK again for 2 months on July next year.

She will finish her 5 years as tier 1 - dependent in December 2018 and is planning to apply for ILR then.

I am confused if she can actually stay outside the UK for 90 days or 180 days in a year without harming her prospect of applying for ILP end of next year!

Will it be a problem if she goes outside the UK for 3 months now and then again for 2 months next year on July?

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Staying outside the UK for 6 months

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm

There is no absence limit for PBS dependants. However, how did you obtain ILR? Under the 5 or 10 year long residence route?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

FKoli
Newly Registered

Post by FKoli » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Casa

Thank you for your reply.

I came to the UK as Tier (General) Migrant on 2009 and got my ILR on 2014 after spending 5 years as a Tier (General) Migrant. I became a British citizen last year.

My wife got 3 year extension last month as a PBS dependent as my route to settlement was Tier 1 (General).

So does it still mean my wife has no absence limit if she's to apply for ILR end of next year after staying for 5 year as my dependent in the UK?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:29 pm

There is no absence limit for Tier 1 General Dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.